• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

Football falls to UNH 37-14

Offense was putrid. For those saying we shouldn't have a program or go to a lower division I think isn't fair to to all the hard work that's still going into the product. Change the coach out. Some schools aim to get into the CAA. We're here. Its possible to do well in the CAA over the long haul to build a serious program into the FBS. 

Dropping down a division is absurd.

Dropping the coach is an excellent idea.  When you're supposed to be an offensive mind and you constantly put out these results, not just in these first 4 games, but throughout the last 3-4 years and you fail to develop any quarterback that you bring into this program whether they be transfer or recruited from HS (other than Flacco) in the last 5-6 years, you've failed at your job.  The offense is a joke.  The playcalling is a joke.  The clock management is a constant joke.  The defense is a comedy troupe -- no pass rush, no fill, no blitzing, no attack, all cushion.  The only somewhat capable individual is the punter and then special teams goes and wastes his best punt of the day by allowing the return for a TD.  Getting burned by an onside kick on the opening kickoff is on the entire staff -- lack of preparation.

Fortunately, there's a new AD in town with hopefully a fresh perspective and can take a clean, unbiased look at the program.  Barring a miracle turnaround, it's over.  Time to cut bait and find new blood.

• Like 1

A few thoughts:

-new coach next your or I’m done watching until a regime change 

-should copy wake forest and have that empty stadium area behind the goal post for lawn seating. Bring a blanket and it’s basically merriweather on the lawn

-students showed up to tailgate on a beautiful fall day. Give them a better product on the field. There is *some* interest in the students in having a college football gameday.

-Rob, like Chris Davis, should pay back some of his contract for a lack of production

-might be able to beat Stony Brook

-Delaware is gonna beat us by 50 in front of a sold out crowd in the most embarrassing “rivalry” game of all time 

Edited by Blounge

The entire team is bad.  When is the last time we had a good OL?  The group we had under West was out of this world - that line put up more rushing yards against LSU than any other team they played that year.   It's been years since we had more sacks than our OL had given up (by a huge margin).. ...

I know the kids are trying, but it's a product that's unwatchable.  We were lucky to go 2-0 against a couple of bad teams - I don't see another W on the schedule this year.  

Now, to continue my tirade from yesterday 😉, I forgot to mention another mind numbing aspect from yesterday’s game, when UNH kicked the ball out of bounds, giving us a choice of getting the ball on the 35-yard line, or making them kickoff again. Naturally, Ambrose chose the latter. On the ensuing kickoff, we got penalized for an illegal block in the back, resulting in the ball being moved back to our 12-yard line. So, net result was a penalty on UNH and WE lost 23 yards. 

Ok, I get it, maybe Hunter breaks a long return on the re-kick, but the play just seemed to me to sum up how the season is trending 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Blounge said:

A few thoughts:

-new coach next your or I’m done watching until a regime change 

-should copy wake forest and have that empty stadium area behind the goal post for lawn seating. Bring a blanket and it’s basically merriweather on the lawn

-students showed up to tailgate on a beautiful fall day. Give them a better product on the field. There is *some* interest in the students in having a college football gameday.

-Rob, like Chris Davis, should pay back some of his contract for a lack of production

-might be able to beat Stony Brook

-Delaware is gonna beat us by 50 in front of a sold out crowd in the most embarrassing “rivalry” game of all time 

You might not have been around 12 years ago but 2010 we lost 48-0 at Delaware. Probably top 5 beatdown that I was present for any of my teams (minus hoops). It was UGLY. Also when we are good for that brief moment in time, we blew a huge lead late to hens and who went for two and the win with no time left.  

1 hour ago, DHM said:

We need an OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR … that’s a big issue with this team!!!  We don’t have one on payroll!!

We need a NEW COACH

31 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

Now, to continue my tirade from yesterday 😉, I forgot to mention another mind numbing aspect from yesterday’s game, when UNH kicked the ball out of bounds, giving us a choice of getting the ball on the 35-yard line, or making them kickoff again. Naturally, Ambrose chose the latter. On the ensuing kickoff, we got penalized for an illegal block in the back, resulting in the ball being moved back to our 12-yard line. So, net result was a penalty on UNH and WE lost 23 yards. 

Ok, I get it, maybe Hunter breaks a long return on the re-kick, but the play just seemed to me to sum up how the season is trending 

Lol. He’s the smartest man in the room though..

1 hour ago, TSU88 said:

Is it possible the re-kick decision came from special teams coach, who was already piloting his own train wreck? Hard to believe any HC would greenlight that move though. 

Edited by oldtimer