• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

Football falls to UNH 37-14

1 hour ago, tu_fan said:

The entire team is bad.  When is the last time we had a good OL?  The group we had under West was out of this world - that line put up more rushing yards against LSU than any other team they played that year.   It's been years since we had more sacks than our OL had given up (by a huge margin).. ...

I know the kids are trying, but it's a product that's unwatchable.  We were lucky to go 2-0 against a couple of bad teams - I don't see another W on the schedule this year.  

The OL was not bad last season or in 2018 and 2019. A good or bad QB can define you. This line has four new starters with a true freshman left tackle and it shows.

8 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

Is it possible the re-kick decision came from special teams coach, who was already piloting his own train wreck? Hard to believe any HC would greenlight that move though. 

Yeah, thought that was strange. Hunter struggled yesterday and you’re asking a lot for a guy that small to break a long one when he’s been on the field about 70% of the time as a running back. Probably Rob’s call though Lyndon might have suggested it

• Like 1

1 hour ago, oldtimer said:

Is it possible the re-kick decision came from special teams coach, who was already piloting his own train wreck? Hard to believe any HC would greenlight that move though. 

My sources tell me the decision was green lighted by Doc the Tiger, after having consumed several adult beverages.  

And yes, the special teams did cover themselves in glory yesterday, did they not? Although it was inspiring to see our punter kick the ball into the stratosphere. As it soared majestically through the crisp early autumn air, I said to myself, “gee, I wonder if he just out kicked the coverage”? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

So if I read his quote correctly we had discipline issues 48 hours prior to the game that resulted in depth chart changes??!!

No need to change divisions etc.  Go out and hire a new coach.  Change is needed 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bay Area Tiger said:

So if I read his quote correctly we had discipline issues 48 hours prior to the game that resulted in depth chart changes??!!

No need to change divisions etc.  Go out and hire a new coach.  Change is needed 

From what I heard, 48 hours before as Rob said and also something happened last week in Morgantown. So yes, it's bad enough to lose games and then lose players not necessarily due to injuries.

• Like 1

If he’s still owed the rest of his contract for this year, why not can him mid season? It’s a sunk cost, so why not??  
Do we then need to pay the interim coach more?  if not, this seems like a brainer. Awful results on the field. Undisciplined off of it.  Cut him loose!

20 minutes ago, mat1992 said:

From what I heard, 48 hours before as Rob said and also something happened last week in Morgantown. So yes, it's bad enough to lose games and then lose players not necessarily due to injuries.

2 straight weeks of disciplinary issues is not a good look. No head coach can watch these kids 24/7, but, whether it’s fair or not, the buck stops with the head coach 

• Like 1