• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

Thoughts on the rest of the season

1 minute ago, Blazer49 said:

Then he should not mention it in his post game.  From my knowledge no one knew about it.  Was there a mention of anything happening on this board?  Not that this board knows everything but there have been whispers of things happening in the past.  Did anyone in the press conference press him on it?

agreed. why bring it up if you dont want to talk about it. 

19 minutes ago, sr16 said:

agreed. why bring it up if you dont want to talk about it. 

I find myself in complete agreement. Just don’t even mention it, unless it’s somehow already gone public. Referencing these vague innuendos strikes me as sort of a passive aggressive way of deflecting blame 

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

Referencing these vague innuendos strikes me as sort of a passive aggressive way of deflecting blame 

Agreed. RA may be the least self-reflective guy on the planet.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TSU88 said:

I find myself in complete agreement. Just don’t even mention it, unless it’s somehow already gone public. Referencing these vague innuendos strikes me as sort of a passive aggressive way of deflecting blame 

Exactly.  This isn’t Tuscaloosa or state college where if (I am not saying this happened!) a player got into a fight at a bar, it wouldn’t even make news here. Most people wouldn’t even know Or care. 

• Like 1

There are privacy issues. You can’t just say Player A did this or that. Now you can mention if a player got suspended and you don’t have to talk about the details. This all unfortunate but had little to do with them losing by 23.

7 minutes ago, mat1992 said:

There are privacy issues. You can’t just say Player A did this or that. Now you can mention if a player got suspended and you don’t have to talk about the details. This all unfortunate but had little to do with them losing by 23.

Look, given the feelings many of us have about the job RA has done since 2013, it’s probably natural to focus on anything & everything that goes wrong with the program, with laser beam intensity. Unfortunately, there’s plenty to focus on right now. The beatdowns on the field, combined with these off-field issues, just makes it feel like we’ve gone off the rails. I think, most, if not all, of us agree the program needs a reset, which I hope will begin with a press conference soon after the last game of the season 

1 hour ago, TSU88 said:

Look, given the feelings many of us have about the job RA has done since 2013, it’s probably natural to focus on anything & everything that goes wrong with the program, with laser beam intensity. Unfortunately, there’s plenty to focus on right now. The beatdowns on the field, combined with these off-field issues, just makes it feel like we’ve gone off the rails. I think, most, if not all, of us agree the program needs a reset, which I hope will begin with a press conference soon after the last game of the season 

Hopefully sooner than later!

14 minutes ago, Blounge said:

Can we get Bushrod or Landeta to come coach? 

Why?  To make football alumni happy?  What are their credentials and qualifications for the job, besides once playing for the black and gold?  We’ve gone with alumni and inside the program guys before, we haven’t had on field success like other programs so maybe let’s try and go outside and get a fresh start?

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, TuTigers2012 said:

Hopefully sooner than later!

Why?  To make football alumni happy?  What are their credentials and qualifications for the job, besides once playing for the black and gold?  We’ve gone with alumni and inside the program guys before, we haven’t had on field success like other programs so maybe let’s try and go outside and get a fresh start?

Bushrod is an intriguing suggestion. I get the lack of prior coaching experience, but he could be a good recruiter, and the lack of coaching experience can be compensated for with good assistants. 

• Like 1

We can’t take a chance on Bushrod at the head. Maybe he can join our staff as a position coach but that’s it. We are bigger than that program wise. We need to hire someone with a track record.