• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

Thoughts on the rest of the season

20 minutes ago, TigerNation said:

We can’t take a chance on Bushrod at the head. Maybe he can join our staff as a position coach but that’s it. We are bigger than that program wise. We need to hire someone with a track record. 

I know or assume he wouldn't take the Oline job. Maybe OC because that would be six figures, but you are hiring a head coach who is going to hire his own people. Jermon should be interviewed and kept in the loop in all football-related issues. He's been a great representative for our school and program.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, sr16 said:

agreed. why bring it up if you dont want to talk about it. 

I would say he should keep it quiet. Apparently, a lot of that was addressed today in practice and at a team meeting after the game on Saturday. There were distractions and some people will be on notice. Maybe a player or two won't be back. 

1 hour ago, mat1992 said:

I would say he should keep it quiet. Apparently, a lot of that was addressed today in practice and at a team meeting after the game on Saturday. There were distractions and some people will be on notice. Maybe a player or two won't be back. 

With 50 new players I’m not surprised we have a few bad apples.  Of course many transfers work out but we have 3,000+ in the portal these days for a reason.  So many kids aren’t happy or want to put the work in to play.  

Him mentioning the issue just seemed out of place in my opinion.  Get a coach that has no ties to Towson.   Need a fresh perspective and someone who has some sort of experience rebuilding a program. 

Try and pluck away a coach from Schiano’s staff at Rutgers.  

Edited by Bay Area Tiger
  • Like 1