• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

Punchless Tigers fall to No. 6 Delaware 24-10

http://stats.statbroadcast.com/broadcast/?id=409642

https://towsontigers.com/news/2022/10/1/strong-defensive-start-for-towson-football-does-not-hold-at-no-6-delaware.aspx

Towson amassed just 159 yards of total offense as they predictably fell to the Blue Hens from Newark 24-10. Not many positives other than the fact that Robert Javier had an impressive 97-yard interception return for a TD where he stripped the receiver. However, the defense was on the field for 36:51 and gave up 534 yards, but just 24 points as they bent, but didn't break a lot. The other positive was the fact that Jo Bangda finally received playing time and rushed for 54 yards on 12 carries for 53 yards. 

Tyrrell Pigrome went the whole way again and had another subpar game, going 9 of 23 for 62 yards. Not much left to say other than they actually played a tad better defensively than I expected. Just a tad. 

2 TD’s on offense in the last 3 games. Here’s a sobering thought-if Ambrose thinks Pigrome is the best option at QB, what does that say about the respective abilities of the backups?

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

2 TD’s on offense in the last 3 games. Here’s a sobering thought-if Ambrose thinks Pigrome is the best option at QB, what does that say about the respective abilities of the backups?

So much for having that offensive coordinator pedigree as a head coach.

30 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

Lol exactly.  Remember he’s an offensive minded coach. He’s been plain offensive in recent years.  Steve, make the change now. Put him and whatever fans there are left, out of their misery!!

3 minutes ago, TuTigers2012 said:

Lol exactly.  Remember he’s an offensive minded coach. He’s been plain offensive in recent years.  Steve, make the change now. Put him and whatever fans there are left, out of their misery!!

These weekly postmortems are like Groundhog Day. It’s the same thing every freaking week. An impotent offense which is completely unwatchable, combined with a defense that often times appears allergic to tackling. I don’t know what to say anymore. I think it’s all been said. The head coach is the CEO of this mess & thus must be held accountable. I’m not sure what firing him during the season would accomplish, though if it happens, I’m fine with it. Let’s just hope this train wreck of a season ends as quickly as possible, so the A.D. can focus on who the next coach will be. I don’t know how we’re going to win another game this season, but who knows. I mean even a stopped clock is right twice a day