• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
mat1992

Defense, Hunter lift Football over Villanova 27-3

https://towsontigers.com/news/2022/11/5/towson-football-upsets-villanova-27-3.aspx

Best defensive performance in years. Held a very good offense to under 200 yards. Now, they were missing their top WR, but we stopped the run. Bangda was great, rushing for over 100 yards and Hunter had another kick return for a TD. He's the best return man in the nation. Defense got pressure on the QB and stuck with the WRs. Other than the first Villanova drive, the Wildcats basically did nothing. Offensively, they got the RPO and ground game going for 267 yards rushing. Piggy was a bit erratic, but threw two perfect passes to Perkins in the end zone.

Nice to see.

Back to back wins feels great. Hunter is an absolute stud. Would be great for the seniors to end their careers on a nice run and for the program to have some momentum heading into the regime change. 

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, mat1992 said:

https://towsontigers.com/news/2022/11/5/towson-football-upsets-villanova-27-3.aspx

Best defensive performance in years. Held a very good offense to under 200 yards. Now, they were missing their top WR, but we stopped the run. Bangda was great, rushing for over 100 yards and Hunter had another kick return for a TD. He's the best return man in the nation. Defense got pressure on the QB and stuck with the WRs. Other than the first Villanova drive, the Wildcats basically did nothing. Offensively, they got the RPO and ground game going for 267 yards rushing. Piggy was a bit erratic, but threw two perfect passes to Perkins in the end zone.

Nice to see.

Crazy thing is we left a bunch of points on the field (3 missed FG’s and a fumble deep in their territory). Realistically, this could have been something like 40-3. 

I don’t remember a better defensive performance. Where has this D been all season?

Can’t say enough about Hunter. I believe he has 3 returns for TD’s, along with several others in the neighborhood of 60 yards. If there’s a better return man in college football I’d like to see him.

Pigrome is a “meh” passer, but that one TD to Perkins was picture perfect. He just dropped it right in the bucket. As usual, he was effective running the ball. Speaking of running, after seeing Bangda today it’s abundantly clear he should have gotten more touches earlier this season. He was more often than not the hammer today, not the nail. When a guy turns what should have been no gain into a four-yard pickup, you know he’s a good RB. I hope he’s back next year & is the featured back.

Perkins is also a guy who could shine next season, if we have a QB who can consistently get him the ball.

Well, we might just finish 6-5. I still am adamant that Ambrose needs to go, but kudos to him, his staff, and the players for today’s performance 

Edited by TSU88
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

Crazy thing is we left a bunch of points on the field (3 missed FG’s and a fumble deep in their territory). Realistically, this could have been something like 40-3. 

I don’t remember a better defensive performance. Where has this D been all season?

Can’t say enough about Hunter. I believe he has 3 returns for TD’s, along with several others in the neighborhood of 60 yards. If there’s a better return man in college football I’d like to see him.

Pigrome is a “meh” passer, but that one TD to Perkins was picture perfect. He just dropped it right in the bucket. As usual, he was effective running the ball. Speaking of running, after seeing Bangda today it’s abundantly clear he should have gotten more touches earlier this season. He was more often than not the hammer today, not the nail. When a guy turns what should have been no gain into a four-yard pickup, you know he’s a good RB. I hope he’s back next year & is the featured back.

Perkins is also a guy who could shine next season, if we have a QB who can consistently get him the ball.

Well, we might just finish 6-5. I still am adamant that Ambrose needs to go, but kudos to him, his staff, and the players for today’s performance 

Bangda was supposed to be the guy this year.  Injuries and paperwork stunted his progress.

1 minute ago, RundaPower said:

Bangda was supposed to be the guy this year.  Injuries and paperwork stunted his progress.

He looked as advertised today. Like a guy you give the rock to 20+ times a game 

1 hour ago, Blounge said:

Uh oh will they win out and Rob gets an 8 year extension??

Pray not. Hopefully new ad is smarter than the old ones 

1 hour ago, ReverendRemulak said:

Back to back wins feels great. Hunter is an absolute stud. Would be great for the seniors to end their careers on a nice run and for the program to have some momentum heading into the regime change. 

The old Towson special. End of season run after it’s already over 

17 minutes ago, TuTigers2012 said:

Pray not. Hopefully new ad is smarter than the old ones 

The old Towson special. End of season run after it’s already over 

The last AD wanted to get rid of Ambrose. I know this for a fact. 

Look, I take a backseat to no one in my hope that we have a new coach next season, but, at least for one day, let’s give credit where credit’s due-we blew out a decent team today. 

• Like 1