• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
mat1992

Timberlake leads MBB to 67-55 win over UMass

11 minutes ago, Bay Area Tiger said:

Time will tell if this UMass team will be in the lower half of the A10. 
I saw Towson players hustling and getting their hands in the passing lanes and making things happen.  Not a complete 40 minutes but a nice answer to Monday’s lackluster performance.  2012 you are always a tough critic but I appreciate you.  Always keeping us old timers grounded.  

This was a much better effort than Monday. A road win is a road win. This team hasn’t played well this year but have gotten away with it since their competition has been subpar. 

hopefully we get caa Charles soon.  He hasn’t gotten on the low block and hit that weird ugly lefty hook this year.  That was unstoppable late last season 

15 minutes ago, TuTigers2012 said:

This was a much better effort than Monday. A road win is a road win. This team hasn’t played well this year but have gotten away with it since their competition has been subpar. 

hopefully we get caa Charles soon.  He hasn’t gotten on the low block and hit that weird ugly lefty hook this year.  That was unstoppable late last season 

It's very odd. We used him a lot in pick and rolls, because we need him in the high post to screen. They pretty much took that away in the second half along with the backdoor cuts. We're going to Sylla down low and I think teams are doubling the post against CT, forcing Charles to dribble or pass it out. He's a cerebral player normally and is a good passer. At least he's not forcing it, but we're not going to him as much as I thought we would at least when Sylla is out. I think he'll figure it out because he was nearly unstoppable in the low post in February. My guess is teams know that and they will double him nearly every time.

36 minutes ago, Bay Area Tiger said:

Time will tell if this UMass team will be in the lower half of the A10. 
I saw Towson players hustling and getting their hands in the passing lanes and making things happen.  Not a complete 40 minutes but a nice answer to Monday’s lackluster performance.  2012 you are always a tough critic but I appreciate you.  Always keeping us old timers grounded.  

Nothing wrong with constructive criticism without separating every type of Towson alum. We are all united, young and old, mid and semi-mid to win a title. Of course we need to play better. If we started out 2-0 last season, we would be loving life and throwing a parade. Yet our second game last season was Monmouth and a disaster. Ironically, Kante also played in that game and in this one. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, mat1992 said:

It's very odd. We used him a lot in pick and rolls, because we need him in the high post to screen. They pretty much took that away in the second half along with the backdoor cuts. We're going to Sylla down low and I think teams are doubling the post against CT, forcing Charles to dribble or pass it out. He's a cerebral player normally and is a good passer. At least he's not forcing it, but we're not going to him as much as I thought we would at least when Sylla is out. I think he'll figure it out because he was nearly unstoppable in the low post in February. My guess is teams know that and they will double him nearly every time.

He’s an undersized 5. Against big teams he struggles offensively. The real issue is the fouls. He has always been able to stay out of trouble. This year through two, not so much 

4 minutes ago, mat1992 said:

Nothing wrong with constructive criticism without separating every type of Towson alum. We are all united, young and old, mid and semi-mid to win a title. Of course we need to play better. If we started out 2-0 last season, we would be loving life and throwing a parade. Yet our second game last season was Monmouth and a disaster. Ironically, Kante also played in that game and in this one. 

Liu not Monmouth 

There was a lot of national attention on this game and we came through with the W. Not pretty but it's nice to get the national attention from pundits like Jon Rothstein and Jeff Goodman and live up to it.

• Like 1