• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
mat1992

Timberlake leads MBB to 67-55 win over UMass

9 hours ago, mat1992 said:

There was a lot of national attention on this game and we came through with the W. Not pretty but it's nice to get the national attention from pundits like Jon Rothstein and Jeff Goodman and live up to it.

It is. And that’s something that usually doesn’t happen when we typically get the bright lights as a university we fold. So the first two wins were nice, despite how we played.  4 umass starters shooting 1-26 from the field helps us! Some of it was good defense but even bad looks college players are gonna shoot 25% or so.  

I think the ones who saw us play 30+ times last year (everyone on here) know how good this team can be and Frankly we haven’t been good to start this season. Hopefully we get in a groove sooner than later. On to penn

• Like 1

Some encouraging things, some frustrating things but a quality win for pat’s cats. Glad we actually got a win in a big game. Towson notoriously chokes whenever the spotlight is on. Sylla would be much better if he can make lay ups. My guy would have had like 14 more points if he didn’t chuck it off the glass so hard. Gotta like Jason Gibson playing like a grown man going into contact now that he’s beefed up a bit. Hopefully he can teach Sylla to finish. Also, gotta be happy with how we turned up the energy on defense and intercepted passes, creating transition offense off the steals. Also, hats of to Chris B for his best game as a tiger, will be a huge lift if he can produce points and rebounds more than expected. 

Edited by Blounge

35 minutes ago, Blounge said:

Some encouraging things, some frustrating things but a quality win for pat’s cats. Glad we actually got a win in a big game. Towson notoriously chokes whenever the spotlight is on. Sylla would be much better if he can make lay ups. My guy would have had like 14 more points if he didn’t chuck it off the glass so hard. Gotta like Jason Gibson playing like a grown man going into contact now that he’s beefed up a bit. Hopefully he can teach Sylla to finish. Also, gotta be happy with how we turned up the energy on defense and intercepted passes, creating transition offense off the steals. Also, hats of to Chris B for his best game as a tiger, will be a huge lift if he can produce points and rebounds more than expected. 

All good points.   Pat’s Cats was of course a Pat Kennedy phrase used.   Kennedy was a swill merchant.  Skerry deserves a better slogan.  I’m brainstorming.  
Again only played 8 last night so safe to assume a few more guys will eventually join this rotation.   Russell has been a nice fit after 2 games and he knows when to give up the ball.  

Certainly nice that with the spotlight on, we came out with a W. Given the expectations this season, we’d love to see us not just win, but to steamroll every opponent. I have no idea how good UMass is, or will he, but, based on what I was reading before last night, I was under the impression last nights game was a heavyweight bout. So, I’m good with a double digits win on the road.  

It’s interesting that in both games so far we’ve had poor performances on offense. Nice to see that we used an 8-man rotation last night, though I wonder if that would have been the case if CT hadn’t had foul trouble. Still hopeful that Conway & May can get some minutes going forward 

Great win with some very impressive performances.  We look as athletic across the board as we ever have.

However, the turnovers are brutal and concerning. I don't know how Skerry gets it under control but we can't expect to have almost 20 TOs and continue to win.  I feel like this has been a nagging issue with most Towson teams in recent years.  Can we please keep the TOs to single digits??

1 hour ago, AtlantaTiger said:

Great win with some very impressive performances.  We look as athletic across the board as we ever have.

However, the turnovers are brutal and concerning. I don't know how Skerry gets it under control but we can't expect to have almost 20 TOs and continue to win.  I feel like this has been a nagging issue with most Towson teams in recent years.  Can we please keep the TOs to single digits??

Turnovers have not been an issue with this team and single digit turnovers? Only 17 teams in the country averaged under 10 last season. We were 109 so not bad out of 358 teams. That was partially due to Gibby missing most of the second half with foul trouble. Hicks lis a sophomore but he’s basically a freshman since he played so little last season due to medical issues and it shows 

To be fair. A handful of the turnovers were bad passes from Not being on the same page and some slippery hands.  It’s not like the pressure was bothering us leading to easy hoops on the other end

4 minutes ago, TuTigers2012 said:

To be fair. A handful of the turnovers were bad passes from Not being on the same page and some slippery hands.  It’s not like the pressure was bothering us leading to easy hoops on the other end

I'm not sure attributing TOs to bad passing, not being on the same page and slippery hands makes me feel better.