• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

Football comes back to beat Stony Brook on the road 21-17

4 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

Nova got crushed by W&M today, 45-12. The combined record of the 5 teams we’ve beaten is 16-33

The combined record of the 5 teams we’ve lost to is 35-16

Puts us exactly where we should be…. At .500

2 minutes ago, griggey20 said:

Puts us exactly where we should be…. At .500

Exactly. We are who we thought we are-mediocre. Not good enough to beat good teams; good enough to beat bad teams 

It amazes me every week that this team wins.......nothing but negative remarks, but when BBall loses games that matter, we hear how great a human being Skerry is. I really have trouble understanding it.

3 minutes ago, Tgr4life said:

It amazes me every week that this team wins.......nothing but negative remarks, but when BBall loses games that matter, we hear how great a human being Skerry is. I really have trouble understanding it.

1st two posts, after Mat’s initial post, specifically read that credit was due the team. After that, subsequent posts pointed out an undeniable fact-we’ve lost to every good team we’ve played this season, and defeated every bad team we’ve played. It’s unfortunate we haven’t been able to play 10 bad teams. Otherwise, we might be 10-0. When you’re .500, and have lost to every good team on the schedule, while beating every bad team, that, if I’m not mistaken, is the quintessential definition of mediocrity. Mediocre doesn’t mean you’re lousy, it means you’re “meh.” We’ve been “meh,” or worse, every season since 2013. It’s time for a regime change. We shouldn’t settle or be satisfied with a ceiling that’s “meh.” Enough!!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Tgr4life said:

I’m assuming you’re referring to me. And maybe you’re right. Rob went to the National title game and didn’t capitalize off of it. I think that’s the most disappointing thing for me. 

Pat came into a dumpster fire and has built a quality program but hasn’t won the big one yet. Maybe I’m bias being a part of the program and seeing how bad it was vs what it is now. 

2012 says it all the time. What do “we” want? Are we okay with winning 20 games in hoops but no NCAA tourney. I will say it’s nice being a winner. But at the same time football being 7-4 and not making the playoffs is similar to winning 20 with no finals appearance. 

I do believe if PS doesn’t make the NCAAs by the end of this contract he should be done and that’s fair. Just like it is for Rob to be gone after this contract and not being more successful. 

3 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

1st two posts, after Mat’s initial post, specifically read that credit was due the team. After that, subsequent posts pointed out an undeniable fact-we’ve lost to every good team we’ve played this season, and defeated every bad team we’ve played. It’s unfortunate we haven’t been able to play 10 bad teams. Otherwise, we might be 10-0. When you’re .500, and have lost to every good team on the schedule, while beating every bad team, that, if I’m not mistaken, is the quintessential definition of mediocrity. Mediocre doesn’t mean you’re lousy, it means you’re “meh.” We’ve been “meh,” or worse, every season since 2013. It’s time for a regime change. We shouldn’t settle or be satisfied with a ceiling that’s “meh.” Enough!!

I can totally understand your thoughts and you make many points. I just want to use the same standard for everyone. Beating Goucher, NJIT, Rio Grande and other powerhouses got BBall extensions. More power to the agent that wrote the contract, but nonetheless, we as fans and supporters of Towson Athletics should hold everyone, as I said, to the same standard in regime change. 13 years and year after year of failure in games that matter bring about the "one more year" chants.

2 minutes ago, Tgr4life said:

I can totally understand your thoughts and you make many points. I just want to use the same standard for everyone. Beating Goucher, NJIT, Rio Grande and other powerhouses got BBall extensions. More power to the agent that wrote the contract, but nonetheless, we as fans and supporters of Towson Athletics should hold everyone, as I said, to the same standard in regime change. 13 years and year after year of failure in games that matter bring about the "one more year" chants.

It’s not personal and it sure isn’t a quantitative conversation. It’s very qualitative. I like what Rob has done for the school along with the community and same goes for Pat. But I want the same as everyone else. I want to turn on ESPN during the FCS playoffs and see Towson there. I want to watch the opening weekend of the NCAA tournament and see Towson there just like you all do. 

My opinion may not be the same as everyone else’s but I believe Skerry can get us there. I no longer believe Rob can. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Tgr4life said:

I believe this is a crossroads season for Skerry. With the preseason predictions of winning the conference + 3 players chosen as preseason 1st-team all-conference, anything less than going dancing will be seen by some (maybe many) as a failure. However, as you point out, Skerry is insulated from being on the same hot seat as Ambrose, by virtue of that insane contract extension he was given. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

I believe this is a crossroads season for Skerry. With the preseason predictions of winning the conference + 3 players chosen as preseason 1st-team all-conference, anything less than going dancing will be seen by some (maybe many) as a failure. However, as you point out, Skerry is insulated from being on the same hot seat as Ambrose, by virtue of that insane contract extension he was given. 

IMHO, with a new AD......Steve should have a meeting with each of them and explain they have one year to meet specific goals.....Rob....playoffs....Skerry NCAA's.....dont reach them.....see you later....no wiggle room.

25 minutes ago, Tgr4life said:

We hear the same things for both. 2 career 500 coaches. With combined one year of truly dominant play. 7-4 shouldn’t be hard to do.  Winning 2/3 games in a row in a tournament is more difficult. But also should have happened. 

the first year we played sub d1 I counted those wins.  Coming off 1-31 we needed anything to cling to.  But the “20 win” seasons with the non d1 wins don’t count in my books. 

rob and pat don’t ever beat the better teams or slightly better than us

11 minutes ago, griggey20 said:

I’m assuming you’re referring to me. And maybe you’re right. Rob went to the National title game and didn’t capitalize off of it. I think that’s the most disappointing thing for me. 

Pat came into a dumpster fire and has built a quality program but hasn’t won the big one yet. Maybe I’m bias being a part of the program and seeing how bad it was vs what it is now. 

2012 says it all the time. What do “we” want? Are we okay with winning 20 games in hoops but no NCAA tourney. I will say it’s nice being a winner. But at the same time football being 7-4 and not making the playoffs is similar to winning 20 with no finals appearance. 

I do believe if PS doesn’t make the NCAAs by the end of this contract he should be done and that’s fair. Just like it is for Rob to be gone after this contract and not being more successful. 

Doing the 20 wins in hoops and 7 for football was nice when we never did. Now we have. It’s time to do better. Plenty on here are happy to just have a team. That’s Towson and loser mentality. No other fan base and administration is ok with that and it shows, having 2 of the longest tenured coaches in the league with some nice seasons but nothing really more.