• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

Football comes back to beat Stony Brook on the road 21-17

1 minute ago, Tgr4life said:

IMHO, with a new AD......Steve should have a meeting with each of them and explain they have one year to meet specific goals.....Rob....playoffs....Skerry NCAA's.....dont reach them.....see you later....no wiggle room.

I would think we’d still have to pay the remainder of Skerry’s contract in that scenario, unless there’s a lump sum payout for being terminated clause in the contract. Either way, I’m guessing the University isn’t willing to go down that path. At this point, I don’t even know how many years are left on Skerry’s contract. Ironically, if he does take us to the promised land this season, he might leave us, rather than us jettisoning him 

6 minutes ago, TuTigers2012 said:

rob and pat don’t ever beat the better teams or slightly better than us

Or when they do, you back track and don’t give the credit 

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

I would think we’d still have to pay the remainder of Skerry’s contract in that scenario, unless there’s a lump sum payout for being terminated clause in the contract. Either way, I’m guessing the University isn’t willing to go down that path. At this point, I don’t even know how many years are left on Skerry’s contract. Ironically, if he does take us to the promised land this season, he might leave us, rather than us jettisoning him 

No chance of that with PS. Not even worth discussing. 

1 hour ago, Tgr4life said:

It amazes me every week that this team wins.......nothing but negative remarks, but when BBall loses games that matter, we hear how great a human being Skerry is. I really have trouble understanding it.

Try the volleyball thread. I thought you hate the regular season?

1 hour ago, griggey20 said:

Or when they do, you back track and don’t give the credit 

I’ll give credit when it’s due. This football season was bad. We played awful teams and won. Greet. 

You can count the big  wins for both on a Jason Pierre Paul hand. We do beat the teams we should. 

• Haha 1

Rob should be gone. No debate there. Skerry despite my criticisms, has done a good job bringing the program to some sort of relevance now. Even if not making the ncaa tourney this year I just can’t see him being terminated unless there is a total meltdown this year and the following..

• Like 2

1 minute ago, tualum said:

Rob should be gone. No debate there. Skerry despite my criticisms, has done a good job bringing the program to some sort of relevance now. Even if not making the ncaa tourney this year I just can’t see him being terminated unless there is a total meltdown this year and the following..

Yup. To be fair he shoulda been gone by now too. Both got very lucky to be employed by a school who pays decent, zero expectations and no such thing as hot seat 

23 minutes ago, tualum said:

after 13 years, I would hope so