• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
mat1992

Ambrose let go

It’s the right move and affirms in my mind that the new A.D. has autonomy to make these type of decisions without interference from the university president.

I don’t take any joy in seeing someone lose their job, but I suspect Ambrose will not have much difficulty transitioning to his next job, whether it’s as a head coach or not.

The bottom line is he wasn’t achieving the results necessary to keep his job. He deserves credit for the championship game run, but the results since the end of that season speak for themselves. 

I’m excited for the next chapter 

• Like 5

Dr. E atta boy! He has higher expectations for the program and I’m here for it! Rob was stagnant and his career could look very different without twest. Wonder where he ends up next, re-United with his brother?

1 minute ago, Blounge said:

Dr. E atta boy! He has higher expectations for the program and I’m here for it! Rob was stagnant and his career could look very different without twest. Wonder where he ends up next, re-United with his brother?

It is so ridiculous to say his career would look very different without TWest. Phil Jackson's career would look very different without Michael Jordan.........It is always about the players!

18 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

It’s the right move and affirms in my mind that the new A.D. has autonomy to make these type of decisions without interference from the university president.

I don’t take any joy in seeing someone lose their job, but I suspect Ambrose will not have much difficulty transitioning to his next job, whether it’s as a head coach or not.

The bottom line is he wasn’t achieving the results necessary to keep his job. He deserves credit for the championship game run, but the results since the end of that season speak for themselves. 

I’m excited for the next chapter 

+1. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Blounge said:

Great take

I’m sure our Lyndon told Eigenbrot he will not seek or accept the job on a full time basis (bonus points to anyone who knows in what context the “real” LBJ made this statement).

E68057F3-0325-4EB8-A89C-0B9B146F0450.jpeg

Tough call by Steve and kudos to Rob for a job well done in 13 years (I know the record was .500). Taking us to a place I'd never thought we get and that was Frisco. Unfortunately, the standards were set and we couldn't get close to reaching them after the 2013-14 season. Sure, there were a lot obstacles like Covid, some budgetary issues and a pretty weak donor base. But ultimately, the QB position wins or loses games. Other than Tom Flacco, since 2014 we started or played (off the top of my head), Tyrrell Pigrome, Scott Smith, Chris Ferguson, Nathan Kent, Morgan Mahalak, Connor Frazier, Ryan Stover, Ellis Knudson, Jeff Miller, Heath Dalgren and Vincent Amendola. 

I'm not going to take shots other than to say I wish him and his family good luck. The decision had to be made quickly either way and it was. 

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, mat1992 said:

Tough call by Steve and kudos to Rob for a job well done in 13 years. Taking us to a place I'd never thought we get and that was Frisco. Unfortunately, the standards were set and we couldn't get close to reaching them after the 2013-14 season. Sure, there were a lot obstacles like Covid, some budgetary issues and a pretty weak donor base. But ultimately, the QB position wins or loses games. Other than Tom Flacco, since 2014 we started or played (off the top of my head), Tyrrell Pigrome, Scott Smith, Chris Ferguson, Nathan Kent, Morgan Mahalak, Connor Frazier, Ryan Stover, Ellis Knudson, Jeff Miller, Heath Dalgren and Vincent Amendola. 

I'm not going to take shots other than to say I wish him and his family good luck. The decision had to be made quickly either way and it was. 

Well said and you point out the elephant in the room, which was his lackluster record of bringing in/developing quality QB’s. His accomplishments are greatly appreciated and best wishes to him going forward 

• Like 1