• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
mat1992

Ambrose let go

4 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

I have no problem with being a stepping stone. That would mean someone made us very successful before moving on, which would make us an attractive landing spot for the next coach. Wash, rinse, repeat. What programs, other than a select few, aren’t stepping stones?🤔

I just see a value in loyalty to a program. Not defending or attacking this particular move. Just a thought that the name on the shirt has some meaning to you. again, funding will be the major issue for the next coach

Edited by Tgr4life

1 minute ago, DHM said:

Now what players will stay and which will go??

New coach will have to identify which ones he wants to keep, and hopefully sell them on staying. I hope Perkins, the WR, stays. The LB, Woods. Maybe a few on the O-Line. 

1 hour ago, etiger said:

Well, you all got what you wanted. Rob brough this program to a place we had never been to before. The playoffs and the NC. I want to personnly thank Rob for bring life to our program. For those that say I am a Rob Supporter, I am. I am a supporter of the program period. I started with Gordy (1991 - when there was no fundrsiing at all for football) and was a super Gordy Supporter. I started the Quarterback Club to help Gordy and the program raise funds (funds the school by the way would not give the program). I don't want to go into all the things I have done to help this program, but I can tell you it is more than any of you all have done combined. When Gordy was let go, I became a Rob Supporter. I will be a Super Supporter of whoever the next coach is too. For me it's not about who the coach is, its about the program. I get behind whoever the coach is and give my TOTAL suppoprt to him. I have been involved for 31 years (as a volunteer, never paid for anything I do). My wife and I have been to every game home and away for 31 years (Minus the Eastern Washington game in 2013 due to canceld flight and snow storms). Can any of you people who are so negative about this program say that! I hope that the next coach gets all the support from the Admin he needs for US to be successful. I know that I will be a big supporter of whoever it is, because thats what I do, SUPPORT THIS PROGRAM with my heart and soul. 

So whoever the next coach is, I am your biggest supporter. Go Tigers

Ed Molen

Ed, no argument here that you are the programs #1 fan. I think everyone who knows you (or knows  of you) realizes all the effort you have put in over the past few decades. However, your post makes it seem like the rest of us aren’t worthy of having an opinion. We all want Towson football to succeed, that’s why we post here. A lot of us felt that RA’s release was overdue. And while we can’t all be super fans like you, that doesn’t mean that we don’t support the program. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Tgr4life said:

I just see a value in loyalty to a program. Not defending or attacking this particular move. Just a thought that the name on the shirt has some meaning to you.

Sadly, I think loyalty, unless it’s loyalty to a bigger paycheck, has largely gone the way of rotary dialing and beta & vhs, when it comes to college sports. And that’s coaches and players 

2 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

Sadly, I think loyalty, unless it’s loyalty to a bigger paycheck, has largely gone the way of rotary dialing and beta & vhs, when it comes to college sports. And that’s coaches and players 

The most important word you used is SADLY

1 hour ago, etiger said:

Well, you all got what you wanted. Rob brough this program to a place we had never been to before. The playoffs and the NC. I want to personnly thank Rob for bring life to our program. For those that say I am a Rob Supporter, I am. I am a supporter of the program period. I started with Gordy (1991 - when there was no fundrsiing at all for football) and was a super Gordy Supporter. I started the Quarterback Club to help Gordy and the program raise funds (funds the school by the way would not give the program). I don't want to go into all the things I have done to help this program, but I can tell you it is more than any of you all have done combined. When Gordy was let go, I became a Rob Supporter. I will be a Super Supporter of whoever the next coach is too. For me it's not about who the coach is, its about the program. I get behind whoever the coach is and give my TOTAL suppoprt to him. I have been involved for 31 years (as a volunteer, never paid for anything I do). My wife and I have been to every game home and away for 31 years (Minus the Eastern Washington game in 2013 due to canceld flight and snow storms). Can any of you people who are so negative about this program say that! I hope that the next coach gets all the support from the Admin he needs for US to be successful. I know that I will be a big supporter of whoever it is, because thats what I do, SUPPORT THIS PROGRAM with my heart and soul. 

So whoever the next coach is, I am your biggest supporter. Go Tigers

Ed Molen

Ed, no one questions -- or even approximates -- your commitment to TU football. Believe it or not, those of us who have soured on Rob take no pleasure in the disappointing run since 2013 (two semi-successful Flacco years aside). But it's because we support the program that we applaud the change and the chance for better things to come. I look forward to seeing you next year in the stands.

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, Tgr4life said:

One of the problems is that Towson is a stepping stone school. If the program winds up with someone who "takes you where you want to go".....that coach will be gone almost immediately. The difference was that Rob was where he wanted to be. Not defending or attacking....just statement of fact.

I think we all understand that. That’s our hope that coaches leave us shortly after they and we find success.  Jmu football was a stepping stone.  Uncw hoops is a stepping stone. Their fans are happy with that because they win consistently 

28 minutes ago, TUTigers said:

Ed, no argument here that you are the programs #1 fan. I think everyone who knows you (or knows  of you) realizes all the effort you have put in over the past few decades. However, your post makes it seem like the rest of us aren’t worthy of having an opinion. We all want Towson football to succeed, that’s why we post here. A lot of us felt that RA’s release was overdue. And while we can’t all be super fans like you, that doesn’t mean that we don’t support the program. 

Everyone here wants us to succeed. If you put a poll up it would 100-0.%. But if you put a poll “is rob still the right person for the job?” You would get 50-50 results.  He had more than enough time, even after frisco, which we didn’t capitalize on, but there are still some who thought he would get the job done. Other fans have to ask how you think that’s possible?! 

7 minutes ago, TuTigers2012 said:

I think we all understand that. That’s our hope that coaches leave us shortly after they and we find success.  Jmu football was a stepping stone.  Uncw hoops is a stepping stone. Their fans are happy with that because they win consistently 

You certainly make points. Just a couple of different ways to look at the values of college athletics. Certainly want to win....that is why they have a scoreboard, but again, i see the values, as shown until recently at a school like William and Mary, where coaches were never fired for not winning. There job was to mentor young people and as a result, they had great loyalty (both the coaches and players) to W & M. 

I get it...winning is better than losing, but at this level of college football...not sure what you can expect or really what is more important.