• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
mat1992

Ambrose let go

40 minutes ago, Tgr4life said:

You certainly make points. Just a couple of different ways to look at the values of college athletics. Certainly want to win....that is why they have a scoreboard, but again, i see the values, as shown until recently at a school like William and Mary, where coaches were never fired for not winning. There job was to mentor young people and as a result, they had great loyalty (both the coaches and players) to W & M. 

I get it...winning is better than losing, but at this level of college football...not sure what you can expect or really what is more important. 

Don’t disagree. Our coaches all do a great job with the guys and girls (at least what we see). They do a lot in the community and that is all great.  Were some suspect players brought in? Sure. Do all schools have those? Sure.  
You can do both, win and mentor young people. 

Not to change the focus of poor performance which led to dismissal but I recall some rumors about unfortunate incidents with players as well due to his tough guy approach to things. Wonder if that played a role as well

2 minutes ago, tualum said:

Not to change the focus of poor performance which led to dismissal but I recall some rumors about unfortunate incidents with players as well due to his tough guy approach to things. Wonder if that played a role as well

Check on twitter…

1 hour ago, DHM said:

Now what players will stay and which will go??

We'll discuss that in the upcoming weeks and months. There are only a few players I'd think would have the chance of jumping possible to a Group of Five school or some with NIL money. The rest I feel are FCS and CAA players. I'll probably discuss more in a different thread.

1 hour ago, Tgr4life said:

You are likely correct about being brought in to make changes. We will now see if the university is willing to put their money where their mouth is. Our sports are totally underfunded...all of them. If you are going to make changes and hope for better results......you had better throw in a bunch of greenbacks. Otherwise, you are merely replacing one face with another.

Quantify underfunded.  Your comment is merely speculation.  $30M budget!  Towson athletics  is not underfunded .

Edited by RundaPower

17 minutes ago, TuTigers2012 said:

Don’t disagree. Our coaches all do a great job with the guys and girls (at least what we see). They do a lot in the community and that is all great.  Were some suspect players brought in? Sure. Do all schools have those? Sure.  
You can do both, win and mentor young people. 

you certainly can

Guys, I don't want the Kobe Young stuff on here. His brother has been going off on Twitter for months. He's changed Twitter names several times. You can check it out if you want, but please leave that stuff off of here.

34 minutes ago, tualum said:

That was early on in his tenure and I'm sure most coaches had to change their ways about 10 years ago. 

Ok, so Mason Woods is on the Jerry Rice Award Finalist for best freshman.

https://towsontigers.com/news/2022/11/21/football-woods-honored-as-2022-jerry-rice-award-finalist.aspx

He's one of a handful that the new coach will need to keep. Also, WR Isaiah Perkins and LT Dan Volpe. All three are freshmen. Same with G/C Jorden Nelson, who hasn't played yet, but will likely start at center for Cheripko next season. Was an original commit to UConn. But in all reality, especially with NIL, it will be tough to keep everyone. 

When you talk about resources, the budget is important but we really need, aside from some NIL money, is Cost of Attendance or Alston case so players can get some stipends.