• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
mat1992

A Mike London-type

I’d prefer taking a chance on a big time recruiter, but I get the fascination with a guy with head coaching experience. Just don’t want a retread.

Mike London, now at William & Mary and in the playoffs, won a national championship at Richmond. He struggled at Virginia and then went to Maryland as an assistant and wound up at Howard before going back to the CAA.

The question is whether we can find a coach who had success as a head coach but is young enough to recruit his ass off. 

• Like 1

Not that this process is taking a long time, per se, but the fact that we haven't announced a hire yet makes me think the target candidate is currently with a program that is still playing meaningful games, whether at the FCS or FBS level.  My anticipation grows with each passing day!!

Go Tigers!!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, AtlantaTiger said:

Not that this process is taking a long time, per se, but the fact that we haven't announced a hire yet makes me think the target candidate is currently with a program that is still playing meaningful games, whether at the FCS or FBS level.  My anticipation grows with each passing day!!

Go Tigers!!

You might be right. They have to find the right guy. We are down under 10 the last I heard. Have to go through the committee and all that stuff. Not sure when interviews are taking place but heard we had around 500 applicants.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, mat1992 said:

Also, there is a certain former Tiger with NFL experience now available but doesn’t have head coaching experience,

TWest?😆

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, TigerNation said:

Didn’t even cross my mind lol.

I’m for it.  With a renewed emphasis on recruiting freshmen esp at Gilman& St Francis, this may be a good move. However,  I would think a successful D3 coach may be our best bet. Towsons budget and pay scale are probably on par with the more successful D3’s . 

• Haha 2

Reading about Prime Time telling players to please jump in the portal.  The sports world is so upside down in my opinion.  
Having a son going through the recruiting process right now for football and instilling in him loyalty and honesty during these nutty times.  
This all being said I hope our new coach embraces current players on the roster.  Yes I understand if a player if unhappy he deserves a chance to move on.   However the portal has over 3,000 players or more each off season and it just looks bad to me.  Play with the hand you are dealt sometimes.