• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
mat1992

MBB falls at Clemson 80-75

3 hours ago, griggey20 said:

Man it would’ve been cool to get this one but we just didn’t make plays down the stretch. The Conway charge play was super close. I wish he was more aggressive and just tried to finish. 
Agree with the late game mistakes that can’t happen.  But I did like that they weren’t due to a lack of hustle.

I know PS was upset that some of the bench guys didn’t play well but I thought Paar was really good off the bench and this is the exact game we need him for. Charles’ limited minutes (specifically 2H) are what we can’t have happen against an all-conference big man. 
In the grand scheme, this game doesn’t matter at all. My big takeaway is we are getting better since the start of the non-conf. This team has looked uninterested in previous games and I felt like this was one that they knew the lights were on and wanted to play well. Not necessarily the best thing but may be true. 
The one positive of the injuries is that we get to see Conway work though his mistakes and get minutes instead of getting benched. I feel like he’s been getting better every game and will be a real piece come march. 
Conference play is around the corner and I feel like it’s a 2 horse race. 12/31 will be circled on the calendar and we will know what this team is made of right before the ball drops. 

Conway had Nick open and just needed to pass it a split second early. It was close. 
Parr played well in the first half. He should be 8 a game. 4 in each half to spell Charles. He wasn’t good in the second half because Charles picked up a stupid foul reaching at the FT line.

It all comes down to march but doesn’t mean that this one and the others don’t count. 

Conway getting minutes and playing well is a good sign.  Small sample size but he’s 50% from 3 and looks comfortable on the foul line. Don’t look at when he Shoots inside the arc, those numbers are ugly. Is his d a work in progress? Yes. Was another shooter on our team a liability on defense sometimes as well?  Yes.  He is too valuable to space the court right now to keep the defense Honest. We have no other outside shooting (people that can make them) with Gibson out. Nick sometimes will get hot and hit 3 in a row but then won’t make another for a game or two

It is a 5 team race. Charleston, Towson. Uncw. Hofstra and Delaware (defending champs with 2 really good players)  the 4 besides Delaware are all really different teams from one another, it’ll make for some good battles.  

Uncw Hofstra and Charleston have all played tougher schedules than we have

uncw- best defense in the league and gets after you. Not great at shooting. Small but quick.

Charleston- best depth (10 deep)  not great at passing.  but play at high pace (not as much as last year)  not tested on the road

Hofstra- best one two scoring combo. Can outscore anyone  bad on defense. Lack of depth and rebounding. 

• Like 1

On 12/9/2022 at 10:23 AM, TuTigers2012 said:

Conway had Nick open and just needed to pass it a split second early. It was close. 
Parr played well in the first half. He should be 8 a game. 4 in each half to spell Charles. He wasn’t good in the second half because Charles picked up a stupid foul reaching at the FT line.

It all comes down to march but doesn’t mean that this one and the others don’t count. 

Conway getting minutes and playing well is a good sign.  Small sample size but he’s 50% from 3 and looks comfortable on the foul line. Don’t look at when he Shoots inside the arc, those numbers are ugly. Is his d a work in progress? Yes. Was another shooter on our team a liability on defense sometimes as well?  Yes.  He is too valuable to space the court right now to keep the defense Honest. We have no other outside shooting (people that can make them) with Gibson out. Nick sometimes will get hot and hit 3 in a row but then won’t make another for a game or two

It is a 5 team race. Charleston, Towson. Uncw. Hofstra and Delaware (defending champs with 2 really good players)  the 4 besides Delaware are all really different teams from one another, it’ll make for some good battles.  

Uncw Hofstra and Charleston have all played tougher schedules than we have

uncw- best defense in the league and gets after you. Not great at shooting. Small but quick.

Charleston- best depth (10 deep)  not great at passing.  but play at high pace (not as much as last year)  not tested on the road

Hofstra- best one two scoring combo. Can outscore anyone  bad on defense. Lack of depth and rebounding. 

I’m not saying the other 3 don’t have a shot but us and Charleston are the clear favorites. 

I really wish we could get an awesome crowd on 12/31