• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
mat1992

Pete Shinnick named football coach

Not going to crush the hire, but I'm stunned. I heard Steve wanted a coach with experience and he got one. Wasn't expecting D2, but between that and his age (57), I'm no excited. However, father played for the Colts so he has a Baltimore connection and has some D1 assistant experience including some at Clemson and Richmond. At 57, he's here for the long haul, I would assume, but need some young hot-shot assistants to help recruit.

On the good side, he has a hell of a record. A lot of neutral people think this was a great hire.

1 hour ago, mat1992 said:

Not going to crush the hire, but I'm stunned. I heard Steve wanted a coach with experience and he got one. Wasn't expecting D2, but between that and his age (57), I'm no excited. However, father played for the Colts so he has a Baltimore connection and has some D1 assistant experience including some at Clemson and Richmond. At 57, he's here for the long haul, I would assume, but need some young hot-shot assistants to help recruit.

On the good side, he has a hell of a record. A lot of neutral people think this was a great hire.

His dad playing for colts and a Baltimore connection is with what exactly?  Besides saint Francis. High school ball in. Md is non existent

• Like 1

I like this hire....He is a winner. has a 169-44 record. Built 2 programs from scratch and won everywhere he was. I think he will be very good here at TU.

• Like 3

He has a nice resume, but my reaction like many of yours was...who is this old man? Intrigued to hear his press conference. Rob liked to run his mouth I wonder if this guy will be as entertaining on the microphone. Hope everything works out great but this didn't excite me. 

Uninspiring hire. We’ll see. He’s got a helluva W-L record at lower levels. I wanted a younger hire, who has DMV recruiting ties. Maybe this guy will turn out to be great, so we’ve got to give him the benefit of the doubt and hope for the best