• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
mat1992

Pete Shinnick named football coach

According to this website, in 2021 he made $183K as UWF HC. I assume he’s getting double that, if not more, here. 

Hopefully, he’ll be given a sufficient budget to hire good assistants as well. 

I also wondered, as Tiger93 above, whether his success at UWF was somewhat easier to achieve based on the fact he was a HC at a school in Florida, a state with so much high school football talent that even after the D1’s divvy it up, there’s enough left over for a good D2 coach to scoop up some talented “leftovers.” Of course, that wouldn’t account for the success he had before he ever got to UWF.

It’ll be interesting to see if he brings any of his assistants and/or players with him here. Also would be nice if he could snag a recruit or two out of the sunshine ☀️ state 

00973351-071A-449E-93BF-A3F8246A9A7C.png

This hire is starting to grow on me the more I look into it. My initial reaction was “meh” but most of the comments I have seen from West Florida folks are something to the effect of “Towson has no idea what a great coach they just landed”. He seems to be well loved by players and fans. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, TUTigers said:

This hire is starting to grow on me the more I look into it. My initial reaction was “meh” but most of the comments I have seen from West Florida folks are something to the effect of “Towson has no idea what a great coach they just landed”. He seems to be well loved by players and fans. 

True and I still have my doubts especially about local recruiting and staff. But the last time I saw this much adulation and I know Twitter has been around only a but over a decade, it was over Coach Richardson. Too old, too this and that and it worked out ok.

For those stats geeks amongst you, last season, UWF averaged 4,403 attendance for its home games, with 3 crowds in excess of 5K, the highest being 5,503. I wasn’t able to determine their maximum seating capacity, though I believe it’s not much more than 5K.

OTOH, last season we averaged 5,567 per home game attendance. However, if you redact the season high in attendance, 9,784 vs Morgan (driven in no small measure by Morgan fans) our average attendance for the remainder of our home games was 4,513, or just 110 people per game higher than UWF’s average attendance. In fact, UWF’s highest attendance for 1 game, 5,503, surpassed all of our single game attendance figures, with the exception of the Morgan game & the UNH game, where the attendance was 5 people more (5,508) than UWF’s highest attendance (5,503)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TSU88 said:

For those stats geeks amongst you, last season, UWF averaged 4,403 attendance for its home games, with 3 crowds in excess of 5K, the highest being 5,503. I wasn’t able to determine their maximum seating capacity, though I believe it’s not much more than 5K.

OTOH, last season we averaged 5,567 per home game attendance. However, if you redact the season high in attendance, 9,784 vs Morgan (driven in no small measure by Morgan fans) our average attendance for the remainder of our home games was 4,513, or just 110 people per game higher than UWF’s average attendance. In fact, UWF’s highest attendance for 1 game, 5,503, surpassed all of our single game attendance figures, with the exception of the Morgan game & the UNH game, where the attendance was 5 people more (5,508) than UWF’s highest attendance (5,503)

Honestly Dont care if 504 ppl show up. If he makes us a winner it’s good by me 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, griggey20 said:

Honestly Dont care if 504 ppl show up. If he makes us a winner it’s good by me 

Well, that’s where I disagree. I want to win, with good crowds/atmosphere 

28 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

Well, that’s where I disagree. I want to win, with good crowds/atmosphere 

Same, wouldn’t winning be more fun with 10,000 people jumping up and down as opposed to 504 family members of the players? Also more people coming to campus means more money for the local businesses which is a good thing

• Thanks 1