• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
mat1992

General MBB Thread 2022-23

General info on the current team and some information on upcoming recruits.

Start this one off with some Jaiden Cole highlights 

5 minutes ago, TuTigers2012 said:

2-3 years from having an impact at best. We suck at having freshman contribute year one 

Don’t worry, Skerry will find a way to bury him on the bench; “he needs to bulk up and learn to play better D.” 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

51 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

Don’t worry, Skerry will find a way to bury him on the bench; “he needs to bulk up and learn to play better D.” 

My question is how can others schools do it and still compete but we can’t?  Every team seems to have someone on the freshman team every other year and still compete. We have had Gibson and morsel. That’s it.  We aren’t asking for a star day one but someone who can contribute. 

I guess we can say Conway but if Gibson was healthy he would be buried down there with the other freshman, Coleman and parr. Which leads me to another question, how can parr contribute to GW in the a10 (5 and 5 in minimal minutes) and not even get on the court here?

Edited by TuTigers2012

49 minutes ago, TuTigers2012 said:

My question is how can others schools do it and still compete but we can’t?  Every team seems to have someone on the freshman team every other year and still compete. We have had Gibson and morsel. That’s it.  We aren’t asking for a star day one but someone who can contribute. 

I guess we can say Conway but if Gibson was healthy he would be buried down there with the other freshman, Coleman and parr. Which leads me to another question, how can parr contribute to GW in the a10 (5 and 5 in minimal minutes) and not even get on the court here?

I believe the highest scoring freshmen in the Skerry era is Hairston, at 9.9 ppg in 2012

3 minutes ago, Blounge said:

Been dreaming of a Melo Trimble type point guard to come in and cook but i may be waiting forever 

And I thought Bay Area Tiger was the resident optimist 😆

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Blounge said:

Been dreaming of a Melo Trimble type point guard to come in and cook but i may be waiting forever 

We really need to start recruiting the hotbed for hoops, nyc/nj, for some high scoring guards. The list of good guards from that area that went to Hofstra ne Drexel is large and successful 

53 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

I believe the highest scoring freshmen in the Skerry era is Hairston, at 9.9 ppg in 2012

We haven’t had a guard with over 3.8 assists per game for a full season since Troy Franklin and Brian Morris both did in 2008-09.   Cam and Benimon are the only others to average over 3.5 a game..