• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
mat1992

General MBB Thread 2022-23

35 minutes ago, Bay Area Tiger said:

I urge you all to google his Q & A from December 9th with pressboxonline.com

He’s been through a lot losing his coach.  I want to see him return and finish out this season. 

Not making excuses but post Covid has affected many college age kids in various ways. 

He’s emotional guy and reminds me a bit of Draymond Green.   

We need to cut him some slack for now 

I’m happy to cut him slack & wish him the best, whether he returns or not. I’m simply saying that speaking only for myself, I just don’t care that much. There are many more important things in life than whether Holden returns or not. Hope he does, but if he doesn’t, so be it 

Edited by TSU88
  • Like 2

30 minutes ago, Blounge said:

It’s wild what video/animation looked like in 1987 compared to now. Give our social media person a raise!

Still better than present-day Flo Sports. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, Blounge said:

https://bluehens.com/news/2023/1/10/mens-basketball-hosts-towson

we gotta win the next 7 in a row against the hens to even the all time record 

• In the Ingelsby era, Delaware is 3-8 against the Tigers, most notably beating Towson in the CAA Semifinals last season.

This is the most annoying stat. We have pretty much owned Inglesby at Delaware, but he won the biggest game.  

We need to go at least 1-1 against Hofstra and Delaware these next two games if we want to be among top teams in the CAA. I still think there is an outside shot to be the second-best team in the conference and a decent opportunity to be the third-best if we can play at a consistently level. Of course, there is also a good chance we could be way worse depending upon how things go.

So far we played hard, but lost to the best team in the conference, and we have two wins against teams we absolutely should beat (although the return trip to Drexel will be tougher). This is really is the first close to 50-50 game. We are 2.5-point favorites right now. Their Princeton win is probably the best win of either of our teams, and their Davidson win is comparable to our UMass win. So far Hofstra and Charleston have won on their home court in conference play. If we want to compete with those teams in conference play (I know Charleston may not be realistic), a win on the road tonight is important.