• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
mat1992

General MBB Thread 2022-23

7 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

Possible heir apparent to Holden? 

Needs to add about 25 pounds and a jumper so that's where the similarity starts. Great passer. Check. Very good defender. Check and something Cam was not great at. But if he's 3/4 of the player Cam was, that's a tremendous pick up.

Shame on Joey D charging $50 a ticket to watch two Carolina schools play in DC after charging them $29.99/month for FloSports.

that’s some Dan Snyder type decision making

1 hour ago, Blounge said:

Shame on Joey D charging $50 a ticket to watch two Carolina schools play in DC after charging them $29.99/month for FloSports.

50 bucks for a lower level championship game isn’t awful. A10 is 65.  

they don’t know who will be playing in it before.  Had a larger crowd for it than anyone else would have besides wm. 

ticket books for this year were less than in years past. First year in Charleston It was like 85 for upper level then 175 or something the year after. 
Flo if you go through the schools schedule is 12.50 a month. A lot but for two months 25 to watch 9 road games plus the opening rounds.. again not awful 

3 hours ago, Blounge said:

No doubt, I didn't even sit with most Towson fans last year because the lower bowl tickets were ridiculously priced. I thought it was cool that for about $30 earlier this year that I could pretty much sit courtside behind the bench at the United Center when Towson played UNI even thought very few people were there. They should be putting this tournament on from Wednesday to Sunday (I know TV controls this, but there has to be a better way to manage it), lowering prices and pushing it more to the general public as a cheap ticket.

I worked in college athletics for 20 years, and I know the marketing people I worked with worked really hard to think of new, creative and exciting ways to promote the events no matter where I worked. I bristle a little at simplistic solutions people have and that they don't think marketing departments haven't alright thought of this stuff. However, in this case the conference is shooting themselves in the foot before marketing folks even get a crack at promoting the event.  

2 hours ago, Blounge said:

The Towson horse is fed up

First of all. BFD. I responded to him by basically saying that Nick was gone either way. He was here five years and he didn't owe us shit. We've made improvements in attendance this season, but we'll never reach those one-horse towns (pun intended) like Wilmington, Charleston and Newark. He probably doesn't know about the contract and all of that stuff. He does a lot of good things in terms of promoting the team on Twitter. I hope he doesn't give up just because we failed again in the semifinals. I'll never give up on my alma mater. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Blounge said:

The Towson horse is fed up

Lmfao. Who cares?  Nicks like 25 and been here forever.  As Mat said, he doesn’t owe Towson anything more. Good player for a long time.  Surprised he’s transferring. More money overseas than in NIL. 

Did that fake fan think, we were going to actually win? And did he really think a team of 7 seniors wouldn’t all be gone?!  Lol

dont know if he wants to go overseas. I dont think having league ambitions as a shooter is out of the realm of possibility if he can transfer into a power 5 conference and shoot the 3 like he did this year.