• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
mat1992

General MBB Thread 2022-23

16 hours ago, mat1992 said:

The NBA three is a bit longer and while defense is rarely played anymore, I don’t see him being able to guard anyone. Couple that with the fact that his handle has got to tighten up or he’s basically a more athletic Tim Legler at his ceiling. Could he play in the G-League? Possibly. Maybe he takes the Pat Spencer route except that Nick is not a great lax player. Go to Northwestern or a school like that for a year where you can start and get your name out there.

I know its early in the process, but Nick is currently the 2nd highest ranked player in the portal. Either we know Nick better than everyone else and he is just average... or we are being clouded by the fact he had to be the primary contributor in the Skerry offense and thats just not his role. I have a feeling he is going to do very well wherever he goes. https://247sports.com/Article/Nicolas-Timberlake-Towson-transfer-Auburn-UCONN-West-Virginia-Iowa-State--206071830/

43 minutes ago, sr16 said:

I know its early in the process, but Nick is currently the 2nd highest ranked player in the portal. Either we know Nick better than everyone else and he is just average... or we are being clouded by the fact he had to be the primary contributor in the Skerry offense and thats just not his role. I have a feeling he is going to do very well wherever he goes. https://247sports.com/Article/Nicolas-Timberlake-Towson-transfer-Auburn-UCONN-West-Virginia-Iowa-State--206071830/

He’ll do fine with the right coach and players around him where he doesn’t have to be the No. 1 option. 

19 minutes ago, Bay Area Tiger said:

My gut has always been that Nic wants to play in the NCAA tournament first and foremost.  Some big names listed.  He’s a gym rat and happy for him. 

That and some extra money. Six years in school is a lot and I know the benefits and the disadvantages. If there are that many schools after him and he can make some money without going overseas, why not? I don't think he's thinking NCAA Tournament as the top priority. This is a different era and money talks.

• Like 1

Watching Vermont win moments ago depresses me even more.   Ugh. 

Looking back at our season do you think if we played a tougher non conference schedule maybe we make the CAA championship? 

Vermont went west and played Saint Mary’s, Fullerton & USC. 
Played Yale on the road. 

Ok MEAC on now.   More anguish to follow as we see some others dance and not us.  Go Howard!

Edited by Bay Area Tiger

53 minutes ago, Bay Area Tiger said:

Watching Vermont win moments ago depresses me even more.   Ugh. 

Looking back at our season do you think if we played a tougher non conference schedule maybe we make the CAA championship? 

Vermont went west and played Saint Mary’s, Fullerton & USC. 
Played Yale on the road. 

Ok MEAC on now.   More anguish to follow as we see some others dance and not us.  Go Howard!

Don’t think the non-conference schedule had anything to do with how we performed on Monday or during the regular season. Ultimately, it’s about talent and we were the third best team in the league. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, mat1992 said:

Don’t think the non-conference schedule had anything to do with how we performed on Monday or during the regular season. Ultimately, it’s about talent and we were the third best team in the league. 

Probably outplayed Charleston (11 or 12 seed) 90 of the 120 mins played them. Unfortunately the 30 minutes we lost, we lost big.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, mat1992 said:

Cougars have some talent, but they won on depth. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, TuTigers2012 said:

Cougars have some talent, but they won on depth. 

They had the most depth in the league and used it wisely. Look at our starting line up. We had no consistent outside shooter other than Nick.