• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
mat1992

General MBB Thread 2022-23

On 3/10/2023 at 5:00 PM, sr16 said:

I know its early in the process, but Nick is currently the 2nd highest ranked player in the portal. Either we know Nick better than everyone else and he is just average... or we are being clouded by the fact he had to be the primary contributor in the Skerry offense and thats just not his role. I have a feeling he is going to do very well wherever he goes. https://247sports.com/Article/Nicolas-Timberlake-Towson-transfer-Auburn-UCONN-West-Virginia-Iowa-State--206071830/

Interesting quotes, especially how he assumed he was the main guy the last 2 years. Thought cam took that role but he had a big role. Just too streaky and he will see much tougher competition and defense moving to a power 5. Not sure if he would be very successful but best of luck

Edited by tualum

3 minutes ago, tualum said:

Interesting quotes, especially how he assumed he was the main guy the last 2 years. Thought cam took that role but he had a big role. Just too streaky and he will see much tougher competition and defense moving to a power 5. Not sure if he would be very successful but best of luck

I think he will have some success wherever he goes.  Lots of really good caa players go to power 5 and become solid roll players.  If he moves up he can be a 6-8 ppg player off the bench. Will have some big games where he gets hot and some stinkers just like Now

9 minutes ago, tualum said:

It’s very simple. Cam is a better all-around player at this level but he’s not a P5 guy because he can’t shoot. He’s also not super athletic, which at 6-5 200 is a necessity at that level unless you.can shoot. Nick might be streaky but 42% from three is still as impressive as hell. Now his defense is another story.

1 hour ago, Tgr4life said:

I heard that Skerry is going to analyze the NCAA tournament for 105.7. Probably the closest he will come to the event. 

Well, most coaches do go to the Coaches Convention which is actually at the Final Four. So if he goes to that he would be closer, but don't let that get in the way of your joke. 

32 minutes ago, Tiger93 said:

Well, most coaches do go to the Coaches Convention which is actually at the Final Four. So if he goes to that he would be closer, but don't let that get in the way of your joke. 

I think the comment/joke is borne of frustration, which I completely understand. Perhaps it’s an apples and oranges analogy but we’ve had two different HC’s take the WBB team to the finals of the CAAT tournament in the last 4 years, while the men’s team has yet to win more than 1 game in any CAAT tournament in over a decade under its coach.

If that’s not a fair comparison, how about the fact that every school in the conference since Skerry took the TU job (so I’m excluding NCAT, Monmouth, Stony Brook & Hampton) has been to the finals of the CAAT (disclaimer-Elon might be an exception. Even if so, that’s all 7 of the other schools (NE, Hofstra, Drexel, Delaware, W&M, UNCW and C of C). 

• Like 1