• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
mat1992

General MBB Thread 2022-23

3 hours ago, mat1992 said:

Revisionist history? PK had Gary Neal, Dennard Abraham, Braxton Dupree and Isaiah Philmore. He had enough talent to at least have a winning season. Anybody remember that 1-3-1 zone trap? He was an interesting guy and did have great stories, but if I had to hear one more story about Bobby Sura, Charlie Ward, and Sam Cassell, I was going to jump off the top of the Towson Center.  

Bobby Sura started up in Wilkes Barre PA at Kings College if my memory serves me correctly.  Crazy the stuff we remember.  
Philmore left us for Xavier.. did he ever get to dance?

19 minutes ago, Bay Area Tiger said:

Bobby Sura started up in Wilkes Barre PA at Kings College if my memory serves me correctly.  Crazy the stuff we remember.  
Philmore left us for Xavier.. did he ever get to dance?

PIG

3 hours ago, mat1992 said:

Revisionist history? PK had Gary Neal, Dennard Abraham, Braxton Dupree and Isaiah Philmore. He had enough talent to at least have a winning season. Anybody remember that 1-3-1 zone trap? He was an interesting guy and did have great stories, but if I had to hear one more story about Bobby Sura, Charlie Ward, and Sam Cassell, I was going to jump off the top of the Towson Center.  

I’ve said this on the forum before but I’m CONVINCED if Terrance Whiters doesnt get arrested before that 2001-2002 season we would’ve been near the top of the CAA that year. Him and Gary had such a great chemistry, they would’ve been the best backcourt in the league. 

Sorry to beat a dead horse but does anyone know for a fact that Holy Cross and Pat Skerry aren't feeling each other out even a little?  No exploratory conversations at all?  I can't help but feel like HC would at least lob in a call to Pat to take his temperature on the opportunity.  They have deeper pockets than Towson and could possibly make him an offer he can't refuse if they really wanted him. Has anyone even heard from Pat recently?

29 minutes ago, AtlantaTiger said:

Sorry to beat a dead horse but does anyone know for a fact that Holy Cross and Pat Skerry aren't feeling each other out even a little?  No exploratory conversations at all?  I can't help but feel like HC would at least lob in a call to Pat to take his temperature on the opportunity.  They have deeper pockets than Towson and could possibly make him an offer he can't refuse if they really wanted him. Has anyone even heard from Pat recently?

Out of curiosity sake, I used the internet machine to try and figure out what the salary was of the last HC at Holy Cross. Couldn’t find a thing. I would tend to think that as a private school steeped in history, Holy Cross probably has significant resources to spend on a new coach, if it wishes. Skerry makes what, around 500K a year? Would the Crusaders be willing to match, or exceed that? 🤷‍♂️

There’s certainly a surface logic to there being mutual interest between Holy Cross and Skerry. Skerry’s from Massachusetts, has a proven track record of rehabbing a moribund program, sustained (regular season) success, and graduates players. Presumably he would be successful in recruiting in the New England area and one could infer he might be more successful against Patriot League competition (except maybe Colgate). If Skerry feels he’s reached a plateau at Towson, and might not get a contract extension, why not explore a new job in his home state? 

With all that being said, I’m highly skeptical Skerry is going to Holy Cross, or any other school for that matter. 

That’s tougher if you had the 5.5. Brutal. Better and bigger team won today. Weird how Bolon was not on the floor late. I get that he was a defensive liability but they needed his offense. Larson was awful today with his poor shot selection 

• Like 1

Charleston loss just as predicted. Played tough but too inconsistent. Also that guy with the funny looking jumpshot was a liability with turnovers. They need to jettison that ASAP.. lol

Edited by tualum

Hoos doing what we often do during tourney time. Horrible last possession by the experienced guard Clark. 🤦‍♂️ 

Anyone who watched the Princeton-Arizona game yesterday should have no question as to the value of coaching. Solid offensive sets, great screens, back door cuts for layups come from discipline and hard work at practices. Practice is the work, games are the fun. Princeton has run the same offense for 30 years and they still win games against superior athletes. It is all in the coaching. Take it for what it is worth, but fundamentals are always critical....ALWAYS!

Edited by Tgr4life