• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
mat1992

General MBB Thread 2022-23

5 minutes ago, Tgr4life said:

I think you also need to remember that when Pete Carrill started his offense, there was no three point line and actually there was no shot clock. It has evolved to take advantage of his principles and yet adapt to today's rules. I agree with a previous poster....Layups and Free Throws win basketball games....more often than not. 

I agree, it has evolved quite a bit over the years, to the point where calling it the Princeton offense is almost inaccurate (except for referring to the evolutions). That was my point in bringing up Georgetown because that was the first time that I recall that a program with high-major talent mostly ran that offense. For the most part it had good results.

I agree on the layups and free throws, but if you don't have good spacing you want get those or any of the other shots you want. One thing that drives me crazy about modern college basketball is the insistent of leaning into the glamor of hitting the tough three-point. That being said, an offense that consistently gets good shooters open looks from efficient three-point spots can be highly effective. To me the offense is more about dictating to the defense what shots you want and get, and giving yourself space. The Princeton Offense can definitely be an effective tool to get this done, but is obviously not for every team. 

Noticing the CAA transfers in the dance: Walker (NE) w/ Michigan State; Audige (W&M) w/ Northwestern; Jasper (C of C) w/Auburn; Wynter (Drexel) w/ Penn State. There’s also a guy who used to be with Hofstra who I saw today, but can’t remember his name at the moment. So that’s at least 5; could be others 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mat1992 said:

Ok I also declared for NBA Draft

A lot of players do this knowing they have no shot at getting drafted. I think he knows that too, but he has to put it out there. At least he can possibly get invited to a camp testing himself against NBA caliber players. I don't think any of us can do that. Best wishes to Cam. I don't know where his journey will take him, but I hope we finds a good next stop to build on some of what we he did here at Towson. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, mat1992 said:

Ok I also declared for NBA Draft

Objectively speaking, the chances of him playing in the Association are quite remote, but if you have a dream, follow it, at least to the point where you have to decide if it’s worth passing on other viable options. I would think he could get paid to play somewhere overseas. Would like to see him improve his outside shot. Despite some of the drama, he was pretty damn productive for us, so nothing but best wishes for him 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Tiger93 said:

A lot of players do this knowing they have no shot at getting drafted. I think he knows that too, but he has to put it out there. At least he can possibly get invited to a camp testing himself against NBA caliber players. I don't think any of us can do that. Best wishes to Cam. I don't know where his journey will take him, but I hope we finds a good next stop to build on some of what we he did here at Towson. 

Agreed, he can’t get any workouts if he doesn’t declare. He knows he won’t get drafted but he needs an opportunity to showcase his skill set. 
Someone commented on Twitter about the Shanghai Sharks and his response was “I’ll take it”. Not sure what else you want him to do…say “I’m not good enough, hopefully I end up in Bolivia”

• Like 1