• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
mat1992

General MBB Thread 2022-23

1 minute ago, Blounge said:

Is Cam Holden a dirty player or just a hot head? This high school math teacher from Wilmington, NC sure thinks Cam is dirty lol

Did you watch last night??

Just now, TuTigers2012 said:

Did you watch last night??

Yes, I’m asking do you think he has malicious intent or is he making bad decisions out of frustration? 

One could say the poster is suffering from the indigestion that goes with swallowing sour grapes. A dirty player or just a hothead?🤔. Let’s just say the line between the two can be blurred on occasions 

• Like 1

Just now, Blounge said:

Yes, I’m asking do you think he has malicious intent or is he making bad decisions out of frustration? 

I continue to watch Cam and see Draymond Green in him.  In my heart I don’t think he’s being malicious and trying to hurt an opposing player.  I think he runs hot and is an emotional player which can help and hurt us at times.  
He’s got an old school feel to him as well in his game.  I’m not him and I don’t know what he’s been through in his life but I do know he lost his last coach and that can really change a player going forward.  Overall I think Cam has been a great Tiger these past 2 seasons during a time when college athletes are highly scrutinized via social media 24-7.  He’s not perfect and yet we want to hold him to various standards.  If Cam is playing for Towson in early 90’s run I think he’d be more embraced by our fanbase etc.  Just my thoughts. 

Just now, Bay Area Tiger said:

I continue to watch Cam and see Draymond Green in him.  In my heart I don’t think he’s being malicious and trying to hurt an opposing player.  I think he runs hot and is an emotional player which can help and hurt us at times.  
He’s got an old school feel to him as well in his game.  I’m not him and I don’t know what he’s been through in his life but I do know he lost his last coach and that can really change a player going forward.  Overall I think Cam has been a great Tiger these past 2 seasons during a time when college athletes are highly scrutinized via social media 24-7.  He’s not perfect and yet we want to hold him to various standards.  If Cam is playing for Towson in early 90’s run I think he’d be more embraced by our fanbase etc.  Just my thoughts. 

It’s an interesting debate. Not a game goes by where he isn’t tangled up with a player from the other team, and the knee last night …well, let’s just say malice might not have been able to have been proven beyond a reasonable doubt, but it certainly looked suspicious.

The history of basketball is replete with guys who’ve been accused of being dirty players. Often times those making such accusations would secretly admit they’d love to have the player they’re accusing on their own team 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

It’s an interesting debate. Not a game goes by where he isn’t tangled up with a player from the other team, and the knee last night …well, let’s just say malice might not have been able to have been proven beyond a reasonable doubt, but it certainly looked suspicious.

The history of basketball is replete with guys who’ve been accused of being dirty players. Often times those making such accusations would secretly admit they’d love to have the player they’re accusing on their own team 

Well said and again this wraps into my entire theme not just with with Towson but college sports overall.  Media coverage is incredible in this day and age but it also scrutinizes players 24-7 and at times can be a bit too much.  Do we really think Laettner & Hurley were clean players?  I watch Drew Timme who I think is such a polished big and his drive to win is excellent but he’s also dirty at times after plays etc.  

Cam wants to win and he came to back to win.  He also came back to the team when many of us had written him off early in conference play.  I’m ok with him mixing it up on the floor.  

1 minute ago, Bay Area Tiger said:

Well said and again this wraps into my entire theme not just with with Towson but college sports overall.  Media coverage is incredible in this day and age but it also scrutinizes players 24-7 and at times can be a bit too much.  Do we really think Laettner & Hurley were clean players?  I watch Drew Timme who I think is such a polished big and his drive to win is excellent but he’s also dirty at times after plays etc.  

Cam wants to win and he came to back to win.  He also came back to the team when many of us had written him off early in conference play.  I’m ok with him mixing it up on the floor.  

All things in moderation though 😆

You know, what’s ironic about this whole question is that Holden himself was the victim of a blatantly dirty play when his jaw was broken by that goon on Navy last year 

• Like 1