• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
mat1992

General MBB Thread 2022-23

Btw, check out the bouquets being tossed by Skerry towards the UNCW student section (is this a subtle swipe at our students) and tossed back to Skerry by this UNCW twitter account 

D2966458-3F96-4AD2-BF2D-5A0D4FFEA15D.png

7 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

Btw, check out the bouquets being tossed by Skerry towards the UNCW student section (is this a subtle swipe at our students) and tossed back to Skerry by this UNCW twitter account 

D2966458-3F96-4AD2-BF2D-5A0D4FFEA15D.png

I believe he made some comment in the tiger basketball report that the UNCW student section “loves” him so I guess he gets a lot of trash talk from the fans at Trask every time we visit

Just now, Blounge said:

I believe he made some comment in the tiger basketball report that the UNCW student section “loves” him so I guess he gets a lot of trash talk from the fans at Trask every time we visit

Someone on this UNCW fan twitter account accused our guys of trying to fight some fans as we were walking off the court at the end of the game. I think that’s a bit overblown, to put it mildly 

6 hours ago, Blounge said:

Yes, I’m asking do you think he has malicious intent or is he making bad decisions out of frustration? 

Sample size is too large to think otherwise. 

5 hours ago, Blounge said:

No they really do. He goes back and forth with them on twitter and has for a bit.  I don’t think it’s a dig at our students, because well they don’t even show up.

5 hours ago, TSU88 said:

Someone on this UNCW fan twitter account accused our guys of trying to fight some fans as we were walking off the court at the end of the game. I think that’s a bit overblown, to put it mildly 

Yeah. They were going over to the stands and waiving and yelling at the fans who likely were doing the same.  Lots of mullets in that fanbase lol

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, TuTigers2012 said:

They were going over to the stands and waiving and yelling at the fans who likely were doing the same.  Lots of mullets in that fanbase

I’m sure the NASCAR, er I mean the UNCW, fans weren’t hurling any expletives at our guys. 

Some of the UNCW folks on Twitter have also accused Holden of pushing a ballboy under the basket in the 2nd half. 

6 hours ago, Bay Area Tiger said:

I continue to watch Cam and see Draymond Green in him.  In my heart I don’t think he’s being malicious and trying to hurt an opposing player.  I think he runs hot and is an emotional player which can help and hurt us at times.  
He’s got an old school feel to him as well in his game.  I’m not him and I don’t know what he’s been through in his life but I do know he lost his last coach and that can really change a player going forward.  Overall I think Cam has been a great Tiger these past 2 seasons during a time when college athletes are highly scrutinized via social media 24-7.  He’s not perfect and yet we want to hold him to various standards.  If Cam is playing for Towson in early 90’s run I think he’d be more embraced by our fanbase etc.  Just my thoughts. 

What a horrific take.  Remove the black and gold glasses for once.  He is appreciative and his a solid unique player who has helped us win a good bit of games in two years.  Probably a few more if he could hit some fts

But come on there’s no place in the game for those shenanigans. Numerous times isn’t a one off it’s a trend.  God knows you and everyone else would be crying bloody murder if the roles were reversed.  We need to pray that he’s not suspended for the Delaware game (again)

16 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

I’m sure the NASCAR, er I mean the UNCW, fans weren’t hurling any expletives at our guys. 

Some of the UNCW folks on Twitter have also accused Holden of pushing a ballboy under the basket in the 2nd half. 

That happened. Again another bad look

4 minutes ago, TuTigers2012 said:

I thought it was pretty innocuous. Now, the knee was different. I think he got away with one there 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, TuTigers2012 said:

The cameraman underneath kicked cam in the balls from behind when they got tangled up