• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
mat1992

General MBB Thread 2022-23

Kelsey could still get bought out by a bigger program like Ohio State. It’s just a formality. Same with Speedy getting an extension today, though as an alum, he’s not likely to leave- yet.

1 hour ago, TSU88 said:

Well, so much for Kelsey leaving for greener pastures. I think it’s safe to say that C of C has a lot of NIL $ & they’re going to be the Yankees of the CAA, while we unfortunately might be the “small market” team that gets steamrolled 

tOSU can come a calling. I get guys want to move up but that’s a nice chunk of change for a mid major where he will dominate for years.  Living in Charleston with only 2 other real threats in your league, with little pressure?  Nice gig.

1 hour ago, sr16 said:

literally nothing happened.... lol was off balance.. 

His arm Was off balanced and moved back and struck someone directly in the face? 🤔 

Feels like he is playing like a guy who knows his time is running out on his college career. It seems like there has been a little extra determination and decisiveness in his play since he came back from the suspension. It is weird, prior to his suspension he looked so tentative and was giving up passes on all sorts of open shots and scoring opportunity to overpass. He was turning it over in bunches doing this. I think he has flipped the opposite way since his return and is trying to be overly aggressive. He is always a great passer event though it sometimes is accompanies by some questionable decisions. 

His aggression has sometimes spilled over in overenthusiastic ways. I don't think there is really anything wrong with this, but I have never seen a player who constantly looks for opportunities to throw the ball hard off other players out of bounds. Is it because he is instinctively a step ahead of the guy or is it because he is often caught in no man's land and is frustratingly trying to reset the play that has little chance to succeed.

The thing that drives me the most crazy about him is his free throw shooting. He has the free-throw stroke of an 80% free throw shooter, but does not get the results. For some reason, I thought I remembered him being a mid-70% free throw shooter before the jaw injury last year but maybe I misremembering things. Out of the all the bad free throws what drives me the most crazy is that it feels like he misses the front end of the one-on-one every time. It probably just feels like that because I saw him do it in-person three times against Bryant, I believe he did it once or twice against Charleston last week, and he did it again against UNC-W. He seems less capable of making one-in-ones than even regular free throws. 

The knee against UNC-Wilmington was super suspect. The video of him getting tangled up with the ball boy was just weird. It looked strange, and I don't even understand if there was intent or what was going on, but I think that might be a little of reach on their part. 

Cam is a very weird player to root for and he can drive you crazy, but I am happy he has chosen to play here for two years, and the fact that we are 45-20 and 27-9 in the CAA with him being one of the key players on the roster is definitely a testament to what he has brought to the program overall.

I give him and Skerry some credit for whatever happened during those three games and how they have approached it since. I am glad he has spent the two years here at Towson and I hope he is getting a positive experience he will take forward from it. It would also be nice if somehow he could heat up and help us win three games in DC, but I know that is probably asking too much. 

11 minutes ago, Bay Area Tiger said:

Game is 8:30pm EST on Sunday correct?

Correct. The 1st game of the evening doubleheader tips off at 6pm. Given an 8:30 pm start time on a Sunday night in DC, I’m guessing there will not be a lot of Towson fans in attendance (hope I’m wrong). But if you have to be at work or class early Monday morning, do you want to be leaving DC at 10:30 pm on Sunday night?

• Like 1

Mekhi Lowery, Oswego East, 6-7, F, Sr.

Towson recruit. Capable of producing inside and outside. Averaged 12.7 points, 9 rebounds, 3 assists, 2 steals and a block while leading the Wolves to an undefeated, championship season in the Southwest Suburban Prairie and a 28-5 record heading into the Class 4A sectional finals.

https://www.shawlocal.com/kendall-county-now/2023/03/07/boys-basketball-mekhi-lowery-oswego-east-throw-mighty-scare-into-moline/

2 hours ago, mat1992 said:

Mekhi Lowery, Oswego East, 6-7, F, Sr.

Towson recruit. Capable of producing inside and outside. Averaged 12.7 points, 9 rebounds, 3 assists, 2 steals and a block while leading the Wolves to an undefeated, championship season in the Southwest Suburban Prairie and a 28-5 record heading into the Class 4A sectional finals.

https://www.shawlocal.com/kendall-county-now/2023/03/07/boys-basketball-mekhi-lowery-oswego-east-throw-mighty-scare-into-moline/

Possible heir apparent to Holden?