• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
mat1992

General MBB Thread 2022-23

10 minutes ago, sr16 said:

dont know if he wants to go overseas. I dont think having league ambitions as a shooter is out of the realm of possibility if he can transfer into a power 5 conference and shoot the 3 like he did this year. 

The NBA three is a bit longer and while defense is rarely played anymore, I don’t see him being able to guard anyone. Couple that with the fact that his handle has got to tighten up or he’s basically a more athletic Tim Legler at his ceiling. Could he play in the G-League? Possibly. Maybe he takes the Pat Spencer route except that Nick is not a great lax player. Go to Northwestern or a school like that for a year where you can start and get your name out there.

I know a coach and team on the hot seat that he’d be a perfect fit to come off the bench for..  Florida just went 9-9 in the SEC.  If not for beating former coach Mike White with UGA twice I think Golden may have been fired.  He has to win or else next season and he desperately needs a long range shooter.  

Apologies in advance if this scenario has already been addressed in a different thread but have we considered a situation where Pat Skerry is poached by another school in this upcoming coaching carousel?  Take a look at the list that has already started to grow of programs that are in the market for a new coach.....is it impossible to think that a Manhattan or a Wofford wouldn't consider Pat as a viable option.....that they could get fixated on his "great run of 20 win seasons"....

Take a look at the teams in the "Other Openings" .....the list will continue to grow.....maybe one of them can take Pat off our hands.

College basketball coaching changes 2023: Georgetown fires Patrick Ewing, Stanford sticking with Jerod Haase - CBSSports.com

15 minutes ago, AtlantaTiger said:

Apologies in advance if this scenario has already been addressed in a different thread but have we considered a situation where Pat Skerry is poached by another school in this upcoming coaching carousel?  Take a look at the list that has already started to grow of programs that are in the market for a new coach.....is it impossible to think that a Manhattan or a Wofford wouldn't consider Pat as a viable option.....that they could get fixated on his "great run of 20 win seasons"....

Take a look at the teams in the "Other Openings" .....the list will continue to grow.....maybe one of them can take Pat off our hands.

College basketball coaching changes 2023: Georgetown fires Patrick Ewing, Stanford sticking with Jerod Haase - CBSSports.com

As much as most of us would like to see a change at the coaching position and as bad as the CAA is collectively as a conference, I know you only used Manhattan and Wofford as examples of openings, but I think it would be an embarrassment if PS left for a lateral move at best to go to a MAAC or Southern Conference school.  

3 minutes ago, Blazer49 said:

As much as most of us would like to see a change at the coaching position and as bad as the CAA is collectively as a conference, I know you only used Manhattan and Wofford as examples of openings, but I think it would be an embarrassment if PS left for a lateral move at best to go to a MAAC or Southern Conference school.  

I don't use them simply as examples. Wofford has been to the NCAA Tourney FIVE times in the last 12 years.......Manhattan FOUR times in the last 20 years.  Significantly better than our beloved Tigers.  If the path to the NCAA Tourney is easier in those conferences why wouldn't Pat consider it?  Yes, the overall conferences may not be as high-profile as the CAA (which even that is debatable at this point) but those individual programs have had more exposure and success than Towson has in relation to the big dance. 

9 minutes ago, Bay Area Tiger said:

Actually Pat be perfect guy to clean up the New Mexico State program. 

Can we all chip in for the airfare?

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, AtlantaTiger said:

From your keyboard to the basketball gods ears 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, mat1992 said:

Good for Nick getting all this attention. I really didn’t think I’d be seeing some of these names showing interest

• Like 1