• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
TSU88

Limping into conference play

9 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

As Lee Corso would say, “not so fast my friend.” Skerry’s contract runs through at least the end of the 2025-2026 season. If there’s one thing we know, TU isn’t buying out a football (Ambrose) or basketball (Kennedy) coaches contract 

2023 warm

2024 hot

2025 on fire

Four bench points today almost says it all ... the rest of the story being that three of our four starters were 13 of 39 -- a miserly 33 percent. Who are you going to beat with those numbers? Of course, none of this is surprising, given that our 8-1 start was marked by similar stretches of poor play. (The Clemson loss was probably our best performance of the year, which paradoxically started this losing skid.)

4 in a row is not acceptable and we’ve only had “2” injuries thus far..   I saw where Washington State had “8” injuries this season already.  
If we knew we had a core coming back then why didn’t Pat add one more veteran player who can….  SHOOT!!!  
32% from beyond the arc as a team sucks. 

Nic & Cam (36 minutes a game) along with CT & Russell (around 30 minutes a game) is what we have for our CAA run.  These “4” players have to play at all star level for us to bounce back and win the conference.

I’m Mr Optimistic but this is a tall order.  

9 days to get ready for conference play.  Less than that as they will start back up Monday night.  6 days or so really.  

3 hours ago, Blounge said:

We really are in for a beat down against Charleston on New Year’s Eve if we don’t get our sh*t together quick! Pat Skerry why can’t you run a good offense! Your seat is warming up! Dr. E got rid Rob, he will get rid of you too Pat!

Yeah right.  He didn’t get rid of rob. Contract ended and was not renewed. Towson athletic is such a big joke that we didn’t even fire a bad coach. 

2 hours ago, TigerFan54 said:

Four bench points today almost says it all ... the rest of the story being that three of our four starters were 13 of 39 -- a miserly 33 percent. Who are you going to beat with those numbers? Of course, none of this is surprising, given that our 8-1 start was marked by similar stretches of poor play. (The Clemson loss was probably our best performance of the year, which paradoxically started this losing skid.)

Four bench points is double what they had last game!

2 hours ago, Bay Area Tiger said:

4 in a row is not acceptable and we’ve only had “2” injuries thus far..   I saw where Washington State had “8” injuries this season already.  
If we knew we had a core coming back then why didn’t Pat add one more veteran player who can….  SHOOT!!!  
32% from beyond the arc as a team sucks. 

Nic & Cam (36 minutes a game) along with CT & Russell (around 30 minutes a game) is what we have for our CAA run.  These “4” players have to play at all star level for us to bounce back and win the conference.

I’m Mr Optimistic but this is a tall order.  

9 days to get ready for conference play.  Less than that as they will start back up Monday night.  6 days or so really.  

It’s really one.  10 wouldn’t sniff the court at most schools.  Losing 5-6 seniors and 3-4 defectors who don’t or can’t play at end of the season. 

this season has been embarrassing so far  and to be fair, game 1 was a precursor ..

2021-2022 was just an off year in the skerry cycle.  We are back on folks!  Don’t let the lay January- Feb winning streak fool you. 

28 minutes ago, TuTigers2012 said:

It’s really one.  10 wouldn’t sniff thcourt at most schools

What’s really one? I’m just trying to figure out what the quoted passage means 

Towson men’s hoops under Pat Skerry has largely feasted on mediocre/inferior competition. While 20 win seasons are very nice and should be commended, it’s a bit of “fool’s gold”. 

Skerry has a bunch of wins against lesser teams, very few signature/marquee wins (defined as either upset OOC wins or clutch conference wins) and regularly has some flat-out stink bomb clunkers. 

The sample size is plenty big and he is what he is as a coach. Zero reason to believe this team will get the job done in the conference tournament. I will fly back to Baltimore and personally apologize to coach if & when this team makes it to the big dance under his leadership.

Great man, so-so coach. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, AtlantaTiger said:

Towson men’s hoops under Pat Skerry has largely feasted on mediocre/inferior competition. While 20 win seasons are very nice and should be commended, it’s a bit of “fool’s gold”. 

Skerry has a bunch of wins against lesser teams, very few signature/marquee wins (defined as either upset OOC wins or clutch conference wins) and regularly has some flat-out stink bomb clunkers. 

The sample size is plenty big and he is what he is as a coach. Zero reason to believe this team will get the job done in the conference tournament. I will fly back to Baltimore and personally apologize to coach if & when this team makes it to the big dance under his leadership.

Great man, so-so coach. 

I wouldn’t rush to make your flight ✈️ reservation 😆

He resurrected the program and graduates kids, and for both he deserves praise. But to the extent that past results are indicative of future performance, there’s no reason to believe he’s ever going to get us into the dance. 

1 hour ago, TSU88 said:

What’s really one? I’m just trying to figure out what the quoted passage means 

Injury. Gibson. 

1 hour ago, AtlantaTiger said:

Great man, so-so coach. 

Exactly. Last year was the outlier. Back to being mediocre!

54 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

I wouldn’t rush to make your flight ✈️ reservation 😆

He resurrected the program and graduates kids, and for both he deserves praise. But to the extent that past results are indicative of future performance, there’s no reason to believe he’s ever going to get us into the dance. 

Yup. If it wasn’t going to happen this year, it never will. And for your point some Towson fans think he should get a lifetime contract lol  

He’s just not good enough and has surrounded himself by less than stellar coaches.  There’s a reason some of his coaches have stayed so long. It’s an easy gig.