• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

MBB falls to #26 Charleston in OT 76-74

42 minutes ago, Bay Area Tiger said:

Knowing what we had coming back and I’m sure he tried but we should have brought in another PG guard for this season knowing Gibson had back issues and Hicks still very young etc.  

Here’s hoping we can build on this second half effort and make a run.  

We should have come out of the gates blazing today….  Home game against a Top 25 caliber opponent.  

May was a PTP to open up conference play.   More minutes please.  

On to Drexel who shot 1-13 from 3 and 15-24 from the charity stripe today but out rebounded Mary 41-27

It is a must win come Thursday!

If not we are looking bottom 3-4 in conference. 
Charleston has good d2 players. Ours is terrible to say the least 

• Like 1

From Skerry’s comments it doesn’t appear Gibson is coming back.  That is a big deal.  Timberlake is our best shooter by far and right now you just have to concentrate on him and you pretty much eliminate Towson’s 3 point game.  This can change with May and Conway but they have to prove it.  They are probably the only two that can help Timberlake get more looks.  Without a better 3 point game we really are not going to have comebacks or win a lot of games. 

Cam can have his moments where he does great things and really pulls out a good game, but overall he does make a lot of bad plays.  Just too many bad things (bad passes over and over and over, and terrible foul shooting).  His game is drawing fouls and getting to the line.  Maybe picking up an old fashion 3 here and there.  I would say assists but he makes so many bad passes that all of his assists are sort of cancelled out.  There is no sense in drawing fouls if you cannot shoot free throws.  This also goes with Charles.  CT plays has hard as you can ask but we lose so many points when Cam or CT go to the line.  They go to the line more than anyone else.  No one has any confidence when they go to the line.  You just know they are not picking up two points.  If they hit both free throws you are sort of shocked.  Just atrocious foul shooting from both of them which has cost us a few games.  They remind me of one of my favorite Maryland players, Jamar Smith.  Jamar could get to the line as good as anyone.  He could put the other team in foul trouble.  But he just could never consistently shoot free throws. 

Looks like this season will come down to whether Conway and May can contribute now, right away, at a high offensive level.  We need more offense.  Starting lineup, CT, Cam, May, Conway and Timberlake.  Russell as the 6th man. 

56 minutes ago, omniland said:

From Skerry’s comments it doesn’t appear Gibson is coming back.  That is a big deal.  Timberlake is our best shooter by far and right now you just have to concentrate on him and you pretty much eliminate Towson’s 3 point game.  This can change with May and Conway but they have to prove it.  They are probably the only two that can help Timberlake get more looks.  Without a better 3 point game we really are not going to have comebacks or win a lot of games. 

Cam can have his moments where he does great things and really pulls out a good game, but overall he does make a lot of bad plays.  Just too many bad things (bad passes over and over and over, and terrible foul shooting).  His game is drawing fouls and getting to the line.  Maybe picking up an old fashion 3 here and there.  I would say assists but he makes so many bad passes that all of his assists are sort of cancelled out.  There is no sense in drawing fouls if you cannot shoot free throws.  This also goes with Charles.  CT plays has hard as you can ask but we lose so many points when Cam or CT go to the line.  They go to the line more than anyone else.  No one has any confidence when they go to the line.  You just know they are not picking up two points.  If they hit both free throws you are sort of shocked.  Just atrocious foul shooting from both of them which has cost us a few games.  They remind me of one of my favorite Maryland players, Jamar Smith.  Jamar could get to the line as good as anyone.  He could put the other team in foul trouble.  But he just could never consistently shoot free throws. 

Looks like this season will come down to whether Conway and May can contribute now, right away, at a high offensive level.  We need more offense.  Starting lineup, CT, Cam, May, Conway and Timberlake.  Russell as the 6th man. 

Good analysis. Cam is the point guard because there is nobody else. Conway is a two and Hicks struggles on the offensive end. Not just talking about shooting but decision making. It reminds me a little of Northeastern last year except they had a lot more length. We’re not that bad but our ball movement has been hideous for the most part. Too much ISO and post ups. But aside from Nic and Cam, I would say the player I’m most disappointed is right now is CT. I never thought he was a 20ppg guy but I thought he turned the corner with those jump hooks and he’s just not finishing well. Defensively, he’s pretty inconsistent like most.

But with no Gibby, we’ll go as far as Cam takes us. If he can limit the turnovers to around 2.5, that would help.

I’m sad because i hyped up this team being good to people earlier this year, but now we have lost 5 in a row and I’m losing credibility! 

we need to win Thursday against Drexel or I’m gonna be pissed

9 hours ago, omniland said:

He’s not coming back. The team won’t say it but his tiger career is over. The three seniors who played here last year need to be better. Plain and simple. 55 and 25 are playing like walk ons instead of all caa players. 25 is probably closer to that as last year was an aberration .   55 is well a turnover machine and head case out there it say the least. Zero alphas. Zero leadership on this team and program. 

43 minutes ago, Blounge said:

I’m sad because i hyped up this team being good to people earlier this year, but now we have lost 5 in a row and I’m losing credibility! 

we need to win Thursday against Drexel or I’m gonna be pissed

See above lol. This is a bad team. Unfortunately those without blinders saw those issues game 1