• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
TuTigers2012

What is wrong?

Drexel has won 4 of their last 5 losing only to Seton Hall. We haven’t won in a month. But hopefully that puts us in a dangerous desperation mode kinda like Fairfield. You learn a lot about what a team is made of when their backs are against the wall. Let’s hope we come out there like savages out for blood on Thursday. 

57 minutes ago, Blounge said:

Drexel has won 4 of their last 5 losing only to Seton Hall. We haven’t won in a month. But hopefully that puts us in a dangerous desperation mode kinda like Fairfield. You learn a lot about what a team is made of when their backs are against the wall. Let’s hope we come out there like savages out for blood on Thursday. 

If so it’ll be the first time all year so..

3 hours ago, TuTigers2012 said:

If so it’ll be the first time all year so..

I didn't see the UMass game, but they must have at least played decent in that game. They came out and played pretty well for 30 minutes of the Penn game, probably a good 25 minutes of the Clemson game and for a good part of the second half of the College of Charleston game. They haven't play a full good game that I can think of (I didn't see the UMass game), but give them some credit they have played well at times this year. Of course, the UMass and Penn games were with Gibson. 

1 hour ago, Tiger93 said:

I didn't see the UMass game, but they must have at least played decent in that game. They came out and played pretty well for 30 minutes of the Penn game, probably a good 25 minutes of the Clemson game and for a good part of the second half of the College of Charleston game. They haven't play a full good game that I can think of (I didn't see the UMass game), but give them some credit they have played well at times this year. Of course, the UMass and Penn games were with Gibson. 

We’ve had some bright spots this season as you alluded to..  UMass etc.  

Nic had 26 points @UNC Greensboro 

Charles has 18 & 10 against Coppin  

Cam had 24 & 10 against Mercer 

All in November though.   We’ve been awful for almost a month now and with a veteran team you shouldn’t be regressing.

Drexel this week and we will ultimately know if we are gonna bounce back and start to win games again.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Bay Area Tiger said:

We’ve had some bright spots this season as you alluded to..  UMass etc.  

Nic had 26 points @UNC Greensboro 

Charles has 18 & 10 against Coppin  

Cam had 24 & 10 against Mercer 

All in November though.   We’ve been awful for almost a month now and with a veteran team you shouldn’t be regressing.

Drexel this week and we will ultimately know if we are gonna bounce back and start to win games again.  

Agreed. I might have read the previous post from someone else wrong, but my post was a response saying we hadn't (and I am paraphrasing) come out played with desperation all year. We came out ready to play in all of the games I listed. In December, we came to play for a good part of the Clemson game, and parts of first halfs of the Northern Iowa and Navy games. Outside of that December was awful. The second half of the College of Charleston game was more like the personality of the team. By no means did they play great, but there was some fight in the team. I hope they can carry that mentality into the Drexel game. I think that was what everyone meant, but it was stated as if we had not played well all year.

More often than not we have not played well, but we do have eight wins and this team has had a few moments this season. I am holding onto the fact that if May can develop during the season and we can see more effort and consistency overall this team we can be a solid to good CAA team. By no means, does that meet the lofty expectations we all had, but to me we have to take small steps to dig our way out of the crappy hole we have put ourselves throughout December. 

• Like 1