• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

Timberlake, Sylla lead MBB over Stony Brook 67-55

11 minutes ago, mat1992 said:

I posed this question on the other thread. Who would you rather have back? A healthy Gibby (might not be possible) or Cam? The problem we're seeing without Cam is that the bench is not very good offensively. Sylla is getting better obviously w/o Cam and if he can knock down that mid-range shot, that would be huge. I'd like to see him get a jump hook like JD but whatever he's doing, keep it up. Cam wasn't making those shots so there's that. Cam was also turning it over left and right, and we've had 15 in the last two games. Cam was also shooting 60% from the line and Timberlake is getting to the line late in games because he wants the ball (I know he can be skittish with it sometimes). 

If you get Cam from last season, great. Because Tyler Coleman is a five-minute player right now at most and when he's on the floor with Hicks, there's so little scoring. Conway has been our Gibson and I like the fact that Nic is starting to trust him. He's passing the ball extremely well because he knows defenses are focusing on him with no Cam and Gibby. Is that good enough to beat the top teams in the league? IDK but tough when the bench puts up one point. Hofstra can get away with it, but we need at least 8-10 points.

Hofstra bench whole not deep, is pretty good this year. They bring the likely conference ROTY off the bench. 

6 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

Assuming 55 comes back, we can only hope it’s the 2021 version, not the 2022 version. His 15ppg & rebounding & assists (with a reduction in turnovers) would certainly help, given the utter lack of scoring production from the bench. I was hopeful May would step things up, but his offensive game just isn’t there, at least not yet. 

We can hope. I mean he has a chance to lead this program to the promise land have his name up there as one of the best two year players in school history. And let’s be honest the two players have had more success, Neal, cc, Benimon, Fobbs, Hairston than the others. The higher number of better players the better. 

A win we needed and now a 2 game win streak.  
I have a feeling Cam returns for Delaware.  
Emotions etc can get the best of us.  
Not easy at times to be a student athlete especially with social media and a small bunch of us old farts who went to Towson before the Internet and now with access 24-7 nitpick almost every play of each game.  We weren’t getting Stats like we do now and couldn’t watch most of the road games etc and more importantly we didn’t have a message board to pick on Terence Jacobs if he had an off night.  Hope this makes sense.  

So who knows but I hope truly hope Cam returns and understands we appreciate his services and his loyalty to return this season.  

What I do know is come next Saturday on youth appreciation day those kids will get to see our end of the bench guys play.  Neither Annie or Daddy Warbucks can help the Hawks this season. 

Enough from me..  I’m getting on Southwest.COM and looking for any deals to Albany, Birmingham, Columbus, Denver, Des Moines, Greensboro or Orlando 🛩

Edited by Bay Area Tiger
  • Like 1

I know we have been critical over the last month or so but we have put together some solid performances in the last 3 games. Sekou finally looking like he belongs as a starter. Delaware will be a good litmus test. We can beat the bad teams and “hang tough” with the good teams but is that enough to beat our big rival the blue chickens? Delaware lost by more than we did to Charleston but that was on the road in a packed house as opposed to us getting to play the Coug’s at home. Could be big for our confidence if we can beat them. Monmouth looks bad this year idk how we went down 22 points to start the game against them last year. They must have graduated everybody or lost em to the transfer portal. Hopefully we can let the bench guys play a lot in that one. The bench needs to show more production. Can’t rely on the starters to do literally everything 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Blounge said:

I know we have been critical over the last month or so but we have put together some solid performances in the last 3 games. Sekou finally looking like he belongs as a starter. Delaware will be a good litmus test. We can beat the bad teams and “hang tough” with the good teams but is that enough to beat our big rival the blue chickens? Delaware lost by more than we did to Charleston but that was on the road in a packed house as opposed to us getting to play the Coug’s at home. Could be big for our confidence if we can beat them. Monmouth looks bad this year idk how we went down 22 points to start the game against them last year. They must have graduated everybody or lost em to the transfer portal. Hopefully we can let the bench guys play a lot in that one. The bench needs to show more production. Can’t rely on the starters to do literally everything 

Yes they lost their top 4 guys and 6 of 7 that contributed. That was a good team that won over 20 games and made it to the championship game