• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

Delaware Preview

6 minutes ago, Blazer49 said:

Simple solution.  GO TO ESPN.  If on ESPN at worst the game would be on ESPN+ a streaming service that is viable and offers a lot more extra programming than flosports ever would.  CBS Sports Network has one station so yes if a once in a blue moon game like this comes up there is nothing they can do.  If the CAA was with ESPN it would have a better chance of moving things around and getting this game on 'The U" or ESPNNEWS or like I said the last option of ESPN+.  

I am sure it would be impossible to find but I would love to see the subscriber numbers of each.  As an ESPN+ subscriber I cannot tell you how many games I "trip" into just by searching.  I guarentee you no one "trips" into anything with flo.  Those that have it watch the team they subscribe for and that's it.

ESPN + gives you no chance to go on CBS Sports and other channels. Maybe they put you on ESPNU once a month, but the league probably has to pay for that. Wish there other options 

7 minutes ago, mat1992 said:

Again we got a squinty Spiro giggling at the end as if he smoked a joint before doing the show. Did he get his medical card? Lol

Agree that flosports is trash. Outside a few, CAA is simply not a draw to be aired on the big stage despite Charleston being ranked (the only team btw). I wouldn’t mind watching but I assume the masses just don’t care and want to see teams from the big conferences as usual. Back in the day this may have been different with VCU, etc

The one thing that has been discussed in the past is despite the fact that ESPN+ would be better in a lot of ways it sounds like the conference actually gets a decent amount more money from the FloSports/CBS Sports Network set up. I don't know how to balance those two things. While I wish the league would be forward thinking and not just go to ESPN+ because everyone else does, as a fan it seems like an incredibly easy way to give us air time to watch the team. 

Outside of college basketball, I find the MLS deal with Apple TV to be creative and forward-thinking. Of course, it could also completely fail. I wonder what a good, creative media contract looks like for a mid-major basketball conference (if any such opportunity even exists). FloSports is definitely different than what most conferences do, but I just hate the price point and that there is really nothing else on the platform I really want to watch. Streaming definitely gives people a lot of options, but it also shows a lot of products how few people care about it when it is left on its own as something people should pay for without having accompanying programming that draws people to it. ESPN+ is the safe option from this perspective, because (at least from my standpoint) you aren't just buying it for CAA sports. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, tualum said:

Agree that flosports is trash. Outside a few, CAA is simply not a draw to be aired on the big stage despite Charleston being ranked (the only team btw). I wouldn’t mind watching but I assume the masses just don’t care and want to see teams from the big conferences as usual. Back in the day this may have been different with VCU, etc

I don't think it would have been that different. VCU was on fire for one year as was George Mason, but I don't think they do that much even in the A-10. Outside of the major conferences I don't think many college basketball games do very high ratings. I hate that, because I want to believe a lot of people love the sport as much I (and assume I can saw we here) do. The ratings just don't back it up. The old, current and/or new CAA doesn't really draw ratings any way you cut it. However, making it hard for people like us to watch it is very stupid in my opinion. I don't know who else they think they will get to watch outside family and diehards like all of us. 

3 minutes ago, Blounge said:

Wow all the free calzones in the world couldn’t even make this happen at towson

I hate seeing other people live my dreams

Don’t mean to be snarky (just my nature, I suppose) but what do all these posts about UNCW vs C of C have to do with a thread titled “Delaware preview”?🤔

• Haha 1