• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

Delaware handles MBB 72-59

My goodness, that was the opposite of what we needed. Luckily we get to play lots of bad teams and have another month and a half to figure it out. Towson torture. Thought about going on Saturday but not anymore after that uninspired performance 

1 hour ago, mat1992 said:

I'm very frustrated especially with the four seniors. We weren't able to execute for longer stretches

He’s frustrated with them, and we’re frustrated every year with him. We lead the country in frustration. 

His comment on lack of execution calls to mind one of the great quotes of all time, when TB Bucs coach John McKay was asked by a reporter what he thought of his team’s execution, to which he replied, “I’m in favor of it.”

Edited by TSU88
  • Like 2

Wasn’t able to listen or watch due to work but followed via live stats.  
Pat’s comments after truly tell me it’s over!

Team not being ready to play falls on the head coach and his light threats of playing other guys more etc can’t be trusted.  
We have only had “3” injuries this season..  Washington State has had over 8 and yet they beat Arizona this week.  

We need to hire a Kyle Smith type of coach who is innovative and wins where ever he goes (he beat Villanova when he was at Columbia) or go get a Tom Crean type who rebuilt Indiana. 

😤

Edited by Bay Area Tiger

6 minutes ago, Bay Area Tiger said:

Team not being ready to play falls on the head coach and his light threats of playing other guys more etc can’t be trusted.  
We have only had “3” injuries this season..  Washington State has had over 8 and yet they beat Arizona this week.  

We need to hire a Kyle Smith type of coach who is innovative and wins where ever he goes (he beat Villanova when he was at Columbia) or go get a Tom Crean type who rebuilt Indiana. 

😤

You are right of course that we need a new coach. The sobering reality however is that due to that ill fated 8 year extension he got, Skerry has years (plural) left on his contract. He’s not going anywhere which is ironically fitting, seeing as the program’s going nowhere either 

9 hours ago, Bay Area Tiger said:

😤

I thought you had already booked your flight for march?! 😂

33 minutes ago, TuTigers2012 said:
34 minutes ago, TuTigers2012 said:

I thought you had already booked your flight for march?! 😂

No one flies to the Bermuda Triangle unfortunately and more importantly every hosting NCAA tournament city venue told me to save my 💵✈️ and time and try back again in 2027

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Bay Area Tiger said:

By the time Skerry is gone, there won’t be airplanes anymore. We’ll all be getting around in jet hovercrafts, like on the Jetsons 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

It's really unfortunate how this season is turning out. I, like many others and certainly the players themselves, completely bought into the hype and let my expectations run wild. There was obviously high potential for regression and underperforming after last year, but this is just so bad. It's a bummer to think that this core group of guys that had such potential are likely going to limp to the end of their careers and fizzle out. One of the biggest "what if" teams since I've been a fan. That said, I still have faith that we can right the ship, even if only for those few days in March. If I keep saying it, maybe it'll come true.