• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

Delaware handles MBB 72-59

22 hours ago, mat1992 said:

That was taken out of context about what Gibson said in the locker room. I'm doing my best to transcribe those quotes as fast as I can and I probably wasn't 100% accurate on that one.

So, please give a fuller sense of what JG/PS meant.

5 minutes ago, TigerFan54 said:

Lol. Maybe Gibson was trying to be a leader but didn’t make sense.  Wouldn’t matter nothing resonates with this team. 

14 minutes ago, TuTigers2012 said:

Lol. Maybe Gibson was trying to be a leader but didn’t make sense.  Wouldn’t matter nothing resonates with this team. 

If this weren’t so depressing it would be funny. Gibson doesn’t strike me as a rah-rah, “win one for the Gipper” speech maker, but who knows. Maybe he needs to take Professor Vatz’s rhetoric class. 

48 minutes ago, TigerFan54 said:

I don’t know man. I can’t remember the exact quote but I’m sure someone will try and use it to further their narrative 

4 hours ago, TSU88 said:

If this weren’t so depressing it would be funny. Gibson doesn’t strike me as a rah-rah, “win one for the Gipper” speech maker, but who knows. Maybe he needs to take Professor Vatz’s rhetoric class. 

Omg.  I remember Professor Vatz..  short guy with thick mustache right!?   He was an expert in speech communications etc. I was a Mass Comm major aka Mass Bullshit and here I stand today residing in trash city and worrying about a 10-7 basketball team.  🫣

6 hours ago, Bay Area Tiger said:

Omg.  I remember Professor Vatz..  short guy with thick mustache right!?   He was an expert in speech communications etc. I was a Mass Comm major aka Mass Bullshit and here I stand today residing in trash city and worrying about a 10-7 basketball team.  🫣

That’s him. Good memory-you described him to a tee. I see him at just about every football & basketball game. I was also a Mass Comm major in Van Bokkelen Hall. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TSU88 said:

That’s him. Good memory-you described him to a tee. I see him at just about every football & basketball game. I was also a Mass Comm major in Van Bokkelen Hall. 

I was there from 91-96’ and I have so many fond memories of Towson.  Can’t mention them all but there was a professor who taught I want to say the Psychology of Sport..   Dave ? I believe.   Such a fun class and I wish I could go back in time to relive a discussion or two that class had pre internet etc.  

Silence of the Lambs had previously come out so being a freshman in Tower A we were told that Hannibal Lector was roughly based on a multiple group of individuals one of which was housed at Shepherd Pratt Hospital at one time..  

Lastly and this kinda shows our age etc. We had a small yet elegant theater on campus (? in which hall) but they would show movies that had just left the theater but not yet gotten to VHS or cable tv and it was usually a Saturday evening schedule and I remember seeing Rudy and various other flicks. 
Sliding down the hill next to the Towers when it snowed and seeing some students use their mattresses.  I loved the dining hall food and being there when it was raining or snowing cause you could see all around in that fish bowl.  
Saw Peter Noon at the Towsontown Festival one year.  Three Dog Night as well I believe.  Being at the Louisville game and Denny Crum wearing his jacket etc.  Walking back after in amazement that we had upset them.  If only I could go back in time and take down more names of friends and acquaintances so I could find them on social media now and reconnect.  My lasting memory is how many sincere good people went to Towson State that I trusted and always enjoyed interacting with.  Special place in my eye.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

33 minutes ago, Bay Area Tiger said:

I was there from 91-96’ and I have so many fond memories of Towson.  Can’t mention them all but there was a professor who taught I want to say the Psychology of Sport..   Dave ? I believe.   Such a fun class and I wish I could go back in time to relive a discussion or two that class had pre internet etc.  

Silence of the Lambs had previously come out so being a freshman in Tower A we were told that Hannibal Lector was roughly based on a multiple group of individuals one of which was housed at Shepherd Pratt Hospital at one time..  

Lastly and this kinda shows our age etc. We had a small yet elegant theater on campus (? in which hall) but they would show movies that had just left the theater but not yet gotten to VHS or cable tv and it was usually a Saturday evening schedule and I remember seeing Rudy and various other flicks. 
Sliding down the hill next to the Towers when it snowed and seeing some students use their mattresses.  I loved the dining hall food and being there when it was raining or snowing cause you could see all around in that fish bowl.  
Saw Peter Noon at the Towsontown Festival one year.  Three Dog Night as well I believe.  Being at the Louisville game and Denny Crum wearing his jacket etc.  Walking back after in amazement that we had upset them.  If only I could go back in time and take down more names of friends and acquaintances so I could find them on social media now and reconnect.  My lasting memory is how many sincere good people went to Towson State that I trusted and always enjoyed interacting with.  Special place in my eye.  

Dr. David Zang is I think who you were talking about. I had him as well as part of my Sports Management track. I was there from 1993-97. The Shepherd Pratt incident and the Louisville win are definitely things that resonate from my time there, as do the movies you are talking about. They also had cheap movies at the theater by Pizzeria Unos midway between campus and the Towsontown mall (I can't remember if they were 10 pm or midnight) that were cheap movies that were on there way out of the theater (I actually worked at that theater at one point).

My friend was the sports anchor for TSTV, and I worked with him and one of the other posters on this board from the America East Basketball Tournament in 1996 where we interviewed Jay Wright (Hofstra), Mike Brey (Delaware) and all of the other coaches. We also covered the Towson-Drexel semifinal in 1995, which I still believe to this day ranks as one of the more talented, yet once-gain disappointing, Towson teams since I have followed the program. 

• Like 2