• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

Delaware handles MBB 72-59

41 minutes ago, Tiger93 said:

Dr. David Zang is I think who you were talking about. I had him as well as part of my Sports Management track. I was there from 1993-97. The Shepherd Pratt incident and the Louisville win are definitely things that resonate from my time there, as do the movies you are talking about. They also had cheap movies at the theater by Pizzeria Unos midway between campus and the Towsontown mall (I can't remember if they were 10 pm or midnight) that were cheap movies that were on there way out of the theater (I actually worked at that theater at one point).

My friend was the sports anchor for TSTV, and I worked with him and one of the other posters on this board from the America East Basketball Tournament in 1996 where we interviewed Jay Wright (Hofstra), Mike Brey (Delaware) and all of the other coaches. We also covered the Towson-Drexel semifinal in 1995, which I still believe to this day ranks as one of the more talented, yet once-gain disappointing, Towson teams since I have followed the program. 

Hmm.  The theater inside the mini mall up from Borders Books?   I remember!

Edited by Bay Area Tiger
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Blazer49 said:

Yes, Dr. Dave Zang, loved his classes, he was a HUGE Phillies fan which fueled our relationship as well!

Yeah he had such a unique way of looking at things.   

7 minutes ago, Bay Area Tiger said:

Yeah he had such a unique way of looking at things.   

Yeah, I enjoyed him as a professor because he wouldn't let you be comfortable thinking your own opinion was right. No matter what you thought about anything he would challenge you to think deeper about it and make you back it up with facts and good reasoning. We all think we are right about everything when we are in college (or on a message board 😀). It was good to have someone make you wrap your head around another perspective and challenge your own thinking. I definitely appreciated his teaching style. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Tiger93 said:

Yeah, I enjoyed him as a professor because he wouldn't let you be comfortable thinking your own opinion was right. No matter what you thought about anything he would challenge you to think deeper about it and make you back it up with facts and good reasoning. We all think we are right about everything when we are in college (or on a message board 😀). It was good to have someone make you wrap your head around another perspective and challenge your own thinking. I definitely appreciated his teaching style. 

That is absolutely spot on. He did that and we are all better for it. 

Cam in his class this semester and this situation would be all fixed.  He would know exactly what to say to both parties involved actually.  Wise beyond his years. 

Edited by Bay Area Tiger