• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

Conway leads MBB over Monmouth 68-48

5 hours ago, Bay Area Tiger said:

PS calls you Matty and he obviously has read our recent comments or someone has relayed to him.  
I’ll take the win however that was an odd postgame from PS with the “Towson Way” nonsense.  He sounded Ambrose today. 
I’ll take the win as we can’t take any CAA win for granted.  
I’m irked by his comment about missing players for practices etc cause he makes it sound like this squad has been devastated by injuries and we’ve had very few.  I sound like 2012 right now but it sounded like an excuse to me.  
Credit the 1800 in attendance for supporting this team. 

Haha. The excuse list is always a mile long. 

4 hours ago, mat1992 said:

I was the only one in the press conference and I think he knows I've been the only consistent guy at home games since he arrived over 10 years ago.

The Towson ways thing was a bit cliche' ish but he's right when it comes to defense. We aren't a good enough offensive team (like Hofstra), where we can allow teams to shoot 63% from the field in one half or shoot 36% from the three-point line all year. 

There are no bad conference wins. We won and covered by playing our C+ game. We haven't played many, if any, A games this season. That will have to come Monday and an A game for us doesn't mean we're making over 50% of our shots. But it is making 50%+ of our shots from 0-5 feet. Those are the shots we have to make.

Gibson and Paar have missed the most time. Hicks missed several games due to ankle injuries. Holden missed these three games for non-injury issues and has also missed practice for that and injury issues. But I agree that injuries aren't an excuse when you see Delaware win against us without Nelson Jr. and get crushed by Hofstra without him. I do think there is still time to get things together, but it's not on May and Conway to be the difference-makers. It's the coach, staff and four seniors including Russell to take this team to the next level. Because while some say the regular season doesn't matter, the last thing you want is to play an extra day and finish as the fifth seed. You shoot for a top-four seed. That's all that matters. Playing on Sunday, Monday and Tuesday in D.C.

We keep saying and waiting for the good games to come but it’s mid January. Maybe these C+ games are actually our A ones?

Top 4 is the goal now after this poor stretch. With an unbalanced schedule and us having the toughest in the league, it’ll be tough. Trips to Wilmington Charleston Long Island and Philly left, leave little room for error. 

Monmouth is absolutely the terrible. solid game from May and Conway. Pat yelled at Conway when taking him out the one time “you’re here to shoot. SHOOT”. His shooting has saved us recently and he looks deadly from the corner. Beiku, a Towson big actually making foul shots is different. Would like to see more of May and less of 25 and 22. The seniors need to step up.  I sound like a broken record on that. Hicks and russell Will need to be big Monday on defense