• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
mat1992

MBB rolls over Hofstra 68-47

Watching the replay on Flo. Just saw that sweet fast break dunk by May, off the feed from NT. Patsos, who did the color on the game, was effusive in his praise for May-thinks he’s going to be really good. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, TuTigers2012 said:

A big compliant of pat ( I know there are many from me), is the lateness of putting walkons in. Speedy pulled players with over 3 left. And Pat tried to get some in around 1.20 but should have just called a running timeout. They deserve it and it definitely is a positive for all of the players 

100% agree with this.  When we are crushing Monmouth and Hofstra give the bench guys more time.  I hate when they come in with 25 seconds left just to hold the ball.....Get them in with 3 minutes left from time to time.  

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, tu_fan said:

100% agree with this.  When we are crushing Monmouth and Hofstra give the bench guys more time.  I hate when they come in with 25 seconds left just to hold the ball.....Get them in with 3 minutes left from time to time.  

They bust their asses all year learning two new sets of plays each week. Another minute or so doesn’t hurt in games like that

• Like 4

Interesting factoid heard while watching the Flo replay-Conway would be ranked 5th in the entire country in 3-point %, but he doesn’t quite have enough made 3’s to qualify. 

Astute catch - I too agree w TT2012 & tu_fan - wondered why those bench warmers dont get more end-of-game time..

Too early 2B sure, but itz possibe Conway could set some TU 3-pt records before he's through, passing Raul dePablo, Gary Neal, Devon Boyd, #11 and any other who's who of the Tiger's 3-point World.. 

• Like 1

Clemson is 7-0 in the ACC and makes me wonder if we win that game does that losing streak ever happen?

Great effort today and makes for a fun trip to NC now. 

Spiro & Jimmy mentioned they didn’t think Gibby is coming back but what a story this would all make if he shows up in March and gives us that Willis Reed lift for the CAA tournament.  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Bay Area Tiger said:

Clemson is 7-0 in the ACC and makes me wonder if we win that game does that losing streak ever happen?

Spiro & Jimmy mentioned they didn’t think Gibby is coming back but what a story this would all make if he shows up in March and gives us that Willis Reed lift for the CAA tournament.  

After reading your post, I read up on that Willis Reed game. Game 7 of the NBA Finals vs the Wilt Chamberlain Lakers. Reed was injured during the series, but the crowd went wild when Reed hobbled onto court for pregame warmups. He only scored 4 points and grabbed 3 boards, but his gutsy performance inspired the Knicks to go onto win the game and the championship.

I dunno, I don’t see Gibson hobbling onto the court vs C of C in the conference title game, hitting a 3, and inspiring his teammates to cutting down the nets. But we can dream. 

Turning back to reality, will Gibson opt for a medical redshirt season and come back next year, if he’s physically capable? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bay Area Tiger said:

in the post game presser Holden (not prompted by a question) started a sentence with "when Jason comes back..." so who knows maybe he is closer than we think 

• Like 1