• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
mat1992

2024 Football offers/commits

Obviously, I have no idea how the things will go under this new coaching regime but I can't help but feel that for the first time, in a very long time, there's some positive momentum about this program.....that there's a sound strategy in place to improve recruiting and build some buzz about the program.....that we're finally doing some of the things that other programs have been doing for years to help generate awareness and interest among players from all over the map.  I feel like we've finally busted out of the isolated bubble of recruiting that we had been trapped in for so many years.

I feel good about the future of Towson football.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, AtlantaTiger said:

Obviously, I have no idea how the things will go under this new coaching regime but I can't help but feel that for the first time, in a very long time, there's some positive momentum about this program.....that there's a sound strategy in place to improve recruiting and build some buzz about the program.....that we're finally doing some of the things that other programs have been doing for years to help generate awareness and interest among players from all over the map.  I feel like we've finally busted out of the isolated bubble of recruiting that we had been trapped in for so many years.

Okay, what specifically makes you feel good about the future of Towson football?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, AtlantaTiger said:

Yup!!!

On 5/19/2023 at 10:16 PM, RundaPower said:

Okay, what specifically makes you feel good about the future of Towson football?

I thought I laid out some of the specifics within the post itself i.e. expanding our recruiting geography, aggressive activity in the portal, qualified/experienced coaches. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, AtlantaTiger said:

I thought I laid out some of the specifics within the post itself i.e. expanding our recruiting geography, aggressive activity in the portal, qualified/experienced coaches. 

I agree, I don’t believe Rob has the connections with high school coaches in Florida the way Pete does. At the very least it’s different. Break from the status quo. 

Also, Rob seemed like a big meanie with his smug attitude and I know some high school coaches that didn’t like him for that.

Pete seems like a nice guy and I like that vibe for the program. These gen x kids get offended and hop in the transfer portal without giving it a second thought. Gotta treat these kids with more respect or they will up and leave

• Like 1