• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

MBB takes care of business on the road against NC A&T 79-67

I don't care if there is bias on the broadcast, because we hear it a lot and I thought the production work was solid. Only thing I don't like is being called Towson State about five times during the broadcast by the color commentator.

Just now, mat1992 said:

I don't care if there is bias on the broadcast, because we hear it a lot and I thought the production work was solid. Only thing I don't like is being called Towson State about five times during the broadcast by the color commentator.

As I often do when we’re playing on the road, I watched but muted the sound. Generally speaking, I don’t need the opponents announcers to tell me what my eyes can see 

7 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

As I often do when we’re playing on the road, I watched but muted the sound. Generally speaking, I don’t need the opponents announcers to tell me what my eyes can see 

I do that with some college and NFL games, but I do need to hear the atmosphere and officials calls during Towson games. I also like to hear the other broadcaster's opinions of our players. Always interesting to hear them pump up guys like Timberlake and to see if they did any homework. Some do, some don't. I think the play-by-play guy does because he has to. You never know with the color commentator. I think he was calling Holden, Timberlake a few times.

It was a bad call. He accidentally hit Timberlake going for the ball.  Refs were solid all night imo. We get the bad end of some calls so it was nice for a makeup there.  
The ejection was just awful

Yeah besides the Towson state and whining about the calls (our homer does too) thought they were solid. Now on to the southern preacher pbp guy from Elon. 

11 hours ago, TuTigers2012 said:

You are here on the skerry cycle 😅

It is called Skerryitis.......a disease that allows a basketball team to win enough regular season games to get their coach an extension, but yet disappear in the postseason. Hope this team finds a remedy

• Haha 1

The strategy to get the ball down low to Sylla early on in the game seems to be working.  Especially on the road (stony nc a&t). Keep feeding him and let him go left. 

• Like 2

I didn't get to see any of the game last night, but great to see Russell and Sylla combine for 33 points, 10 rebounds and 13-22 from the field. I think this team might finally be turning the corner in terms of understanding that the only way they can be a top level team in the conference is for everyone to fill their roles, and to have distributed shot selection unless it is one of those random games where Timberlake catches fire.

I have definitely appreciated the consistency that Russell has brought to this team on a game in and game out basis. His shot isn't great, but the effort is always there and I feel like he does something to contribute every game. He isn't even close to one of the best players on the team, but he seems even-keeled and very reliable.

Off the topic of our game, does anyone know how Monmouth was leading Charleston at halftime. Also looked like Hampton hung with Drexel, which I guess isn't totally surprising. The more I see some of these weird scores, the more it reinforces that we need to take each game one at a time and make sure we should up for some of the weird games.