• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

Thompson leads MBB over Northeastern 72-63

2 hours ago, Tiger93 said:

It was a sloppy performance for the first 25 minutes, but I thought it was mature showing by the team (as Holden referenced) to grab control of the game during a 5-6 minute stretch in the second half.

I know Cam can make some bad decisions, but I do like the last two games that he has been looking for his shot more. This sounds weird, but the more he looks for his shot the more the passing lanes open up for him and I actually think his biggest strength is using his skills to set up others up. Even when he was playing poorly earlier in the year the one thing he kept going is the pretty solid two-man game that him and Charles have. I would say 80% of Charles dunks come when he is playing the two-man game off of what Cam does.

The poor starts are somewhat concerning and better teams will make us pay. That being said, that game started out like some of our Northeastern games of the past have, and they did a good job of making plays when they needed to make sure it didn't come down to the end. Even though they aren't very good I don't mind not playing in Boston this year.

We need to keep the streak going against William & Mary on Saturday because after that they stretch run will be difficult and when we find out truly what this team can do. At Drexel, at Hofstra, vs. Delaware, at Charleston and at UNC-W are all potential losses in our last eight games. I think we have to win Saturday and go a minimum of 5-3 in that stretch (which also includes Hampton, at William & Mary and a solid offense in NC A&T) to have a chance at being a top 4 seed. 

Yeah Charles setting those high screens and getting the ball on the move like that against slower defenders is important.  And then him bodying the smaller defenders in the league too.

6-3 added to 7-2 makes 13-5 and depending on who we beat and have tiebreakers with would likely eek out the 4 spot

45 minutes ago, Moleman1 said:

I was at the game, and was surprised. I realize it's winter break, but still expected more people to show. Even some of the faculty regulars were absent.. 

I love the part in the posted video where NT drives to 8' from the basket but 2-3 Huskies collapse on him; so he turns & passes to Charles who's already basket-bound - beautiful play! 

Agree w what someone said about the importance of passing the ball around more, and how well their crisp passing last season worked to get opponents off balance.. 

Also good to see Coleman's game continue progressing, helping pad the bench stats. Expecting his support role to continue increasing. 

Had no idea winter break was still happening. I remember them being long but until basically February.  Was expecting some students to show but not if they aren’t on campus. 
lol “progressing”

Edited by TuTigers2012
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Moleman1 said:

I was at the game, and was surprised. I realize it's winter break, but still expected more people to show. Even some of the faculty regulars were absent.. 

I love the part in the posted video where NT drives to 8' from the basket but 2-3 Huskies collapse on him; so he turns & passes to Charles who's already basket-bound - beautiful play! 

Agree w what someone said about the importance of passing the ball around more, and how well their crisp passing last season worked to get opponents off balance.. 

Also good to see Coleman's game continue progressing, helping pad the bench stats. Expecting his support role to continue increasing. 

Lets hope they show up for the next home game... 

• Like 1