• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
TSU88

Did Holden have best single game performance in school history?

Was Holden’s triple double the best single game performance in TU history? I realize Benimon had a triple double back in 2013. Not to minimize his performance, but it was against a D2 team (Central Penn). 

Be curious to hear thoughts on this. There have obviously been other notable single game performances, by folks like Kurk Lee and Gary Neal (2 of our 3 guys who played in the Association). Off the top of my head, I seem to recall a game where Junior Hairston may have had like 20 points and 20 boards 

• Like 1

Good topic. I wasn't around for Larry Witherspoon's 51 in 1973 against American. I was there for Devin Boyd's 46 points against UMBC in 1993 in Catonsville and he was spectacular. Gary Neal put up 41 against Samford at home and while he was incredible at times, all those games meant little for the team save for Gary's career.

Junior Hairston had 21 rebounds twice at home against Niagara and Loyola. I saw both and he was impressive considering he was probably 6-8, 190. But in terms of all-around games, this is tough to top. Honorable mention to Jamaal Gilchrist against W&M putting up 32 in the CAA first round in 2004 in Richmond. I think that was my first or second tournament there

Greater than benimons triple dub because it was against a real college team. He did have like 18 and 23 against Oregon state.  Charles had a 22-17-3-2-2 game last year where he was 10-12 from the field 

cam also had a near triple double against penn last year

Edited by TuTigers2012

I too witnessed the incredible 46 point Boyd Barrage of '93.. I'm pretty sure that was the game where Boyd canned a beyond-NBA 3 right before the halftime buzzer sounded: Trying to hurry the ball upcourt from back almost at one of the Retriever's corners, Boyd was being hounded by a small but quick, capable guard UMBC had that year. With time running out, suddenly he shot the ball about 4/5 the length of the court and - WHOOSH!!! I was in on the court-storming party for that win, & shook Boyd's hand.

• Like 1