• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

FB Adds 10 new players on Late Signing Day

48 minutes ago, Blk&goldfan said:

Heard that Woods and Gibbs have taken themselves out of the portal and are staying but no confirmation on that

would be huge wins for the defense 

1 hour ago, Blk&goldfan said:

Heard that Woods and Gibbs have taken themselves out of the portal and are staying but no confirmation on that

Definitely Woods. Gibbs, I believe so. That's what I just posted. He hasn't committed anywhere so if Coach Pete did anything first, it was try and keep his own players. This was not that bad of a team last season, especially at the end. Just needed a quarterback.

I was at Barley's Backyard yesterday for the Coach's Show. Got to meet Pete, and he's as impressive (to me) one-on-one and in-person as he came across in various videos. Time will tell if his coaching credentials measure up at this level, but I'm encouraged. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TigerFan54 said:

I was at Barley's Backyard yesterday for the Coach's Show. Got to meet Pete, and he's as impressive (to me) one-on-one and in-person as he came across in various videos. Time will tell if his coaching credentials measure up at this level, but I'm encouraged. 

IMO, I think Pete can coach. I don't care if it's D2. He won a natty. He's been successful and built up a  program. That's impressive. He's been at higher levels. The problem so far is recruiting. Can he and a brand new staff get enough impact transfers to start out with a winning season? So far, other than maybe Sean Brown, I haven't really seen a transfer that has stood out. After the spring, I think will be a big tell if they can grab a bunch of solid FBS guys. If not, Juco and FCS guys.

BTW, I will try and speak with him before the spring.

• Like 1