• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

Timberlake leads MBB over NC A&T 87-75

6 minutes ago, TuTigers2012 said:

Some good quotes above. Nygal, despite all our reservations, is not afraid to shoot. Which on this team, is a rarity.

that philosophy of a kill shot is interesting. We never put any game out of reach but it’s nice that they atleast think they can. 

Don’t Blame Charles for staying or going. I hope we make it the tourney so he does leave but wouldn’t mind seeing him back.  Think he would make a good coach or Towson athletics rep in the future. Assume he has or will get degree my May. And he’s much better on the court than other players we have had, to make pro money 

I think the kill shot was more about getting stops. "If you can get a kill at any time and it changes the momentum." Get the kill shot, meaning stop them and get a score on the next possession I believe. 

Hell, in terms of quotes, Cam, Charles and Terry Nolan were the best three I think I've ever had in press conferences. Zane before he left in the first wasn't bad. Nic has certainly gotten better over the years and he's had some practice lately. But yeah, CT,  Charles or Charlie, I can't imagine what Pat would do without him if he doesn't have Nic around. I can understand if he doesn't want to be the only guy staying and not want to be the number one dude so to speak.

Here's what Pat meant about what this team did for his son Owen, who has Autism. If you don't think these guys are worth rooting for, not sure anybody is worth it.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, mat1992 said:

Here's what Pat meant about what this team did for his son Owen, who has Autism. If you don't think these guys are worth rooting for, not sure anybody is worth it.

Just wish they had one other guy that they could go to, to win games. Classy doesn’t describe that move by the players and honestly the department as a whole. Just wish there was more winning to along with it. 

• Like 1

F the horse. But since the next game doesn’t matter (really even for you fans who don’t care about regular season Ls). Let’s go big lineup again. Charleston likes to play bully ball and thinks they still have an at large chance. Would love nothing more than punching them(not really cam) in the face. 

A lot to unpack here. First, shout out to Hampton for knocking off Drexel. NCAT is a dangerous team, when you let them stick around, like we did. (Btw, # 31 on their team has got to be 30 years old, if he’s a day. Maybe 31 is both his uni # & his age). 

When we get an early 15-20 point lead on an opponent, the opponent has us right where they want us. I knew as soon as we got up 18 early that we were going to have our hands full.  

Yes, today was a microcosm of NT’s career. There was a period of time in the 2nd half when he had multiple TO’s, kicked the ball (although Mat said he threw it, so maybe it was a throw) and was chirping at an assistant coach (Parfait) after 1 play. Then, he almost single-handedly won the game for us down the stretch. 

CT was a beast on the boards, with 17 rebounds. When he was introduced with the rest of the departing seniors, I assumed that meant he’s not returning next season. I hope he does, but wish him the best if he doesn’t. Btw, unlike a certain gloomy Gus on this board, I’m not prepared to automatically assume we’re going to stink next season. Maybe it’ll turn out we do, but IF (and it’s a big if) Skerry can strike gold in the portal, you never know. I mean, didn’t the pundits predict us to be bottom feeders last preseason? With Conway & May, & the 3 incoming freshman (I admit I’m especially intrigued by Cole, the kid from Canada), you never know. Also, throw Dylan Williamson into the mix (Coach Clark went out of his way to mention him, in a brief conversation I had with him before the game today).

After shooting 70% from 3 vs Delaware, I wasn’t surprised we jacked up so many 3’s today. So we shot I think around 40% today from 3, which is still not bad. That’s 45 points. To get that many points on 39 2-point shots, we’d have had to have shot 23-39, which is like 60%. Skerry’s right when he talks about the style of the team evolving. I think we all remember the years we complained that we weren’t shooting (or making) enough 3’s.

Getting NT, CT & Holden to all click during the same game continues to be as elusive spotting a real unicorn. Thankfully, Russell stepped up today with 15 points. 

Down to the final 2 games of the regular season. We can’t move up to 1st or 2nd place, and we can’t fall out of the top 4. So I guess it’s just a question of whether we get the 3rd or 4th seed. Is there any potential advantage to one or the other?🤔

10 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

A lot to unpack here. First, shout out to Hampton for knocking off Drexel. NCAT is a dangerous team, when you let them stick around, like we did. (Btw, # 31 on their team has got to be 30 years old, if he’s a day. Maybe 31 is both his uni # & his age). 

When we get an early 15-20 point lead on an opponent, the opponent has us right where they want us. I knew as soon as we got up 18 early that we were going to have our hands full.  

Yes, today was a microcosm of NT’s career. There was a period of time in the 2nd half when he had multiple TO’s, kicked the ball (although Mat said he threw it, so maybe it was a throw) and was chirping at an assistant coach (Parfait) after 1 play. Then, he almost single-handedly won the game for us down the stretch. 

CT was a beast on the boards, with 17 rebounds. When he was introduced with the rest of the departing seniors, I assumed that meant he’s not returning next season. I hope he does, but wish him the best if he doesn’t. Btw, unlike a certain gloomy Gus on this board, I’m not prepared to automatically assume we’re going to stink next season. Maybe it’ll turn out we do, but IF (and it’s a big if) Skerry can strike gold in the portal, you never know. I mean, didn’t the pundits predict us to be bottom feeders last preseason? With Conway & May, & the 3 incoming freshman (I admit I’m especially intrigued by Cole, the kid from Canada), you never know. Also, throw Dylan Williamson into the mix (Coach Clark went out of his way to mention him, in a brief conversation I had with him before the game today).

After shooting 70% from 3 vs Delaware, I wasn’t surprised we jacked up so many 3’s today. So we shot I think around 40% today from 3, which is still not bad. That’s 45 points. To get that many points on 39 2-point shots, we’d have had to have shot 23-39, which is like 60%. Skerry’s right when he talks about the style of the team evolving. I think we all remember the years we complained that we weren’t shooting (or making) enough 3’s.

Getting NT, CT & Holden to all click during the same game continues to be as elusive spotting a real unicorn. Thankfully, Russell stepped up today with 15 points. 

Down to the final 2 games of the regular season. We can’t move up to 1st or 2nd place, and we can’t fall out of the top 4. So I guess it’s just a question of whether we get the 3rd or 4th seed. Is there any potential advantage to one or the other?🤔

Haha. This team can be good and win it all there’s a 1% chance of that happening but still. 

I’d  rather a 20-2 lead than our usual 14-4 deficit.   

Charleston and Hofstra need to be beaten to win the bid.  We’ve had the best overall success so far against them of any team in the league. But its stills an extremely tough ask for this group who is limited basketball and coaching wise.   But with that said. I’d rather play us if we make it to the semis then take our chance with some talented guards but a less deep team (and fewer fans). That’s a good problem to have if we make it there but let’s be with serious skerry and co, one win should be a parade. Two has. NEver been done 

Edited by TuTigers2012

39 minutes ago, mat1992 said:

Total class act. Also, loved the crowds the last 2 games, with over 3K for both. Decent number of NCAT fans in attendance today; a really good atmosphere.

Oh, couldn’t agree more with the comment above about Cam & 3-point shots. He really needs to put his 3-point shot in mothballs 

Ok, so looking at the standings and the 4 or 3 seed. The 4 seed most likely plays the No. 5 seed or the 12/13, depending on who wins. Right now, that's Drexel who is 9-9, while A&T is 7-0, but Drexel beat Charleston so they should be 5th. Not sure we want to play A&T again if we finish 3rd, who plays 6 vs. 11 winner. I don't think it matters much. I guess it would be nice to get a close win over UNCW or even Charleston just to show we can win more than just one 1-possession game this season.

https://caasports.com/tournaments/?id=191