• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

Charleston II preview

Seems like every year we are either ending the season down south or up north, and of course last year 18:55. Know Skerry thinks every game is the super bowl, but really hoping the group treats these like two scrimmages this week. Talking Hawaiian shirts on planes and busses, enjoying that outing with the Soistman’s, letting Bieku run the point, and just hope all the seniors have a nice time on the last road trip of their college careers. We need everyone 100% healthy physically and mentally for hopefully 3 battles next weekend, last thing we can afford is an injury or being drained from 2 this weekend.  Attempting to set the tone for next weekend would work for some programs, but it is not the Towson luck way to carry in any momentum.

This year has always been NCAA or bust for us and since the first loss to Fairfield, really was always going to be determined by Southeast DC. We’re all less optimistic than in the preseason due to Charleston being a lot better than expected, Pride being significantly better, and us being…everyone has their own thoughts there. Did not care about finishing in any order 1 through 4 this year, and obviously less so between 3 and 4 which is all that is left to determine, but just securing that first round bye was key. More so due to 66% of the teams in the league being terrible, than our play this year, but the regular season goal has been accomplished. Hopefully Skerry too is able to recognize this and take it easy this weekend with some southern living in preparation for the biggest weekend of his career next weekend. Practice calmness and serenity this week, last year and the right before COVID year, dude looked like he was going to puke the whole time in the Entertainment & Sports Arena and truly believe his own nervous energy affected the rest of the group. With next year and probably the year after looking bleak, and then entering potential lame duck years, next weekend is officially now or never for Pat. It’s time we as fans expect and demand this and begin the quest in 11 days to end the drought.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hate to say it but I kind of hope we do not win tomorrow night.  Reason?  If we somehow play Charleston in the tournament be it semis or oh god even the finals, there is no way we beat them twice.  My cynical Towson fandom is scarred from past situations.  18:55 and then the tournament last year is a great example of that.  I am just excited that I can watch them tomorrow night as I am anti- Aunt Flosports.

Lunardi has Charleston as the last four out. This game means everything to not only them, but the CAA. Not much to us. I’d just be happy competing tomorrow.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Blazer49 said:

Hate to say it but I kind of hope we do not win tomorrow night.  Reason?  If we somehow play Charleston in the tournament be it semis or oh god even the finals, there is no way we beat them twice.  My cynical Towson fandom is scarred from past situations.  18:55 and then the tournament last year is a great example of that.  I am just excited that I can watch them tomorrow night as I am anti- Aunt Flosports.

It is hard to beat a team 3 times in the season. It’s really house money tomorrow. I would rather play c of c  in the semis if we even make it that far, than Hofstra. 

5 minutes ago, mat1992 said:

Lunardi has Charleston as the last four out. This game means everything to not only them, but the CAA. Not much to us. I’d just be happy competing tomorrow.

Unfortunately as the conference tourneys begin, the bubble shrinks with bid stealers. There is little chance cougars make it in. 

Edited by TuTigers2012
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, TuTigers2012 said:

It is hard to beat a team 3 times in the season. It’s really house money tomorrow. I would rather play c of c  in the semis if we even make it that far, than Hofstra. 

Unfortunately as the conference tourneys begin, the bubble shrinks with bid stealers. There is little chance cougars make it in. 

I know but there is a slim shot if they get to 30 and the finals.