• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
mat1992

MBB Collapses in 2nd half against Charleston 83-75

2 minutes ago, mat1992 said:

Alex Thomas 2.0 shows you that you are just guessing.

Believe it when I see it. Again. We need guards.  Our best guard under skerry is Zane. Every other school has had better. Hence their success and our contest choking 

I would say that Nicolas Timberlake probably progressed as well as any player offensively that Pat has ever recruited. He was not much of a shooter when he got him, but was an athlete. Morsell kind of plateaued at some point. Cam has gotten to the point where you don't know what he's going to give you offensively and he's limited defensively because he's undersized. Will gamble a lot and really needs a motor to be effective. I would not play him against UNCW, not for benching, but to get him rest. Maybe same with Nic, but he seems to have the motor. 

3 minutes ago, TuTigers2012 said:

Believe it when I see it. Again. We need guards.  Our best guard under skerry is Zane. Every other school has had better. Hence their success and our contest choking 

The videos are out there. I posted him. I'm not saying he'll do much next season. There's no chance he's Alex Thomas. He's not 6-10, 270. I'd put Timberlake over Zane right now. Zane had one good year and he could get to the line, but wasn't very good at making FTs late.

• Haha 1

Look, it’s disheartening, to say the least, that once again we were just good enough to lose a close game. I’m going to try and have a short memory on this one and hold out some hope we can secure 3rd place on Saturday. But in the interim, can we please limit the “we’re going to come up small in DC,” posts, at least for now. There will be plenty of time for that if (probably when, not if) it happens. It’s depressing enough not winning these close games. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TSU88 said:

Look, it’s disheartening, to say the least, that once again we were just good enough to lose a close game. I’m going to try and have a short memory on this one and hold out some hope we can secure 3rd place on Saturday. But in the interim, can we please limit the “we’re going to come up small in DC,” posts, at least for now. There will be plenty of time for that if (probably when, not if) it happens. It’s depressing enough not winning these close games. 

My sentiments as well.  

• Like 2

Death, taxes and underperforming Skerry teams.

Amazing that Skerry acknowledged that "not finishing" is the team's "M.O.".....that perfectly summarizes not just this team's season but Skerry's entire Towson career.  

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, AtlantaTiger said:

Death, taxes and underperforming Skerry teams.

Amazing that Skerry acknowledged that "not finishing" is the team's "M.O.".....that perfectly summarizes not just this team's season but Skerry's entire Towson career.  

I suppose to be entirely accurate he should have said that not finishing is the M.O. of every team during his tenure. It’s equal parts infuriating and mind numbing. Like getting hit in the head with a ball peen hammer 🔨 every season, without fail. I want to cling to some small scrap of hope, but it’s next to impossible. Unfortunately, in Skerry’s case, past performance has been a guarantee of future futility. 

• Like 2

I know we aren't supposed to be positive about anything related to this team, so I apologize in advance 2012, but Nick has been awesome lately. I think he has 25+ in 5 of our last 7? Most career 3 pointers is pretty cool and he has a shot at the single season record as well. 

Moving beyond the positive from the game, I've said it before and I'll scream it over and over - if CT or Cam could consistently step up and play to even 50% of their potential, we would be a threat to make a run. Maybe if we don't foul so much (they shot 35 free throws!) or could hit our free throws (even the worst FT shooting teams can manage to shoot above 58%) we're feeling better today. I'm fully aware that if ifs and buts were candy and nuts we'd all have a merry Christmas so it doesn't really matter. Just extremely frustrated. It was said over and over that this game didn't matter and I get that. I didn't expect us to win. It's just so annoying when we go out and do the Towson thing of almost getting there and falling apart. 

The program feels stuck. We aren't the 1-31 team anymore, but we aren't doing much more than 19-20 wins and an early exit from the tournament at best. I'm sick at the idea of looking back at this team and the last two years and having very little to show for it. Here's hoping I'm wrong. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ReverendRemulak said:

I know we aren't supposed to be positive about anything related to this team, so I apologize in advance 2012, but Nick has been awesome lately. I think he has 25+ in 5 of our last 7? Most career 3 pointers is pretty cool and he has a shot at the single season record as well. 

Moving beyond the positive from the game, I've said it before and I'll scream it over and over - if CT or Cam could consistently step up and play to even 50% of their potential, we would be a threat to make a run. Maybe if we don't foul so much (they shot 35 free throws!) or could hit our free throws (even the worst FT shooting teams can manage to shoot above 58%) we're feeling better today. I'm fully aware that if ifs and buts were candy and nuts we'd all have a merry Christmas so it doesn't really matter. Just extremely frustrated. It was said over and over that this game didn't matter and I get that. I didn't expect us to win. It's just so annoying when we go out and do the Towson thing of almost getting there and falling apart. 

The program feels stuck. We aren't the 1-31 team anymore, but we aren't doing much more than 19-20 wins and an early exit from the tournament at best. I'm sick at the idea of looking back at this team and the last two years and having very little to show for it. Here's hoping I'm wrong. 

Just enough wins to get a coaching extension, but not enough to matter....That is this teams MO

• Like 1