• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
mat1992

MBB comes back from 14 point second half deficit to beat UNCW 57-53

8 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

I know you’re not suggesting (at least directly 😆) that there were purposeful missed shots and turnovers, as that’s just a bounce pass away from convening a grand jury over point shaving allegations 😆.  And assuming any coach were stupid enough to tell players to do so, it’s highly unlikely that would remain secret. I suppose the way to go about such a thing would have been to bench key players (a poster on the UNCW was lamenting that Farrar & Harvey, who scored 25% of their points last night) didn’t get more minutes, but I think they both played more minutes last night than they’ve averaged on the season). 

It’s senior night at Trask in front of a capacity (or near capacity) crowd. The UNCW players were certainly mugging and yukking it up in the 1st half, when they were having their way.  Now, it’s true they scored a paltry 17 points in the 2nd half, but they’re not a particularly good offensive team to begin with. Their leading scorer averages what, 14ppg? It was even interesting to me that during his postgame interview on Flo, Siddle didn’t even make the perfunctory “give credit to Towson” comment, instead blaming his players for missing layups (I don’t remember all these missed layups he alluded to, but I guess I’d have to go back and watch the replay). 

What I’m trying to say is that by all appearances, both teams were all in last night, notwithstanding missed shots and turnovers 

Again it just seemed weird. 0 made field goals in the last 11:11. Yes our defense is solid but still. 
They missed a ton of easy layups in the second half. Looked like us in the paint 😅

2 hours ago, TuTigers2012 said:

Oh by the way, there’s a lot of hawks fans that want siddle gone.  Same up in Newark with inglesby. There are rumblings out of Boston to look for a coen replacement (Hopefully!) and pride fans were questioning if Mr. Flying Dutchman was the right guy for the job as recent as November. Those coaches have had way more success than pat. 

They were chanting fire Siddle last night after they lost. Has SECU ever had fire skerry chants?

5 minutes ago, Blounge said:

They were chanting fire Siddle last night after they lost. Has SECU ever had fire skerry chants?

No, but I do recall a few years ago the “give Skerry a ridiculous 8- year extension ” chant 

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, TSU88 said:

It’s gotten to the point that I almost expect 55 to instigate a brawl just about every game. I still say we’re fortunate (depending on your perspective about whether you wanted us to win or not) that he didn’t get T’d up & tossed for the knee to the UNCW player. 

I thought he deserved a T against CoC when he got tangled up with Bolen beneath the basket and then "accidentally" fell on him. This is going to get even uglier in the CAAT if the coaching staff doesn't take this bull by the horns.

• Like 1

Some people are just miserable whether we win or lose. Can’t even celebrate a comeback victory without people finding something to complain about. Just enjoy the damn win. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, TigerFan54 said:

I thought he deserved a T against CoC when he got tangled up with Bolen beneath the basket and then "accidentally" fell on him. This is going to get even uglier in the CAAT if the coaching staff doesn't take this bull by the horns.

Well, after 2 years on the team, and with only 1-3 games left in his TU career (unless we win the CAAT, then we can gleefully add at least 1 more game) I’m not so sure much is going to change at this point. I love the fact he leads the conference in assists (never thought I’d see the day we’d have a player do that) and he’s a helluva rebounder for his size too. Last night he kept us in the game by himself, until he finally got some help from CT and NT (at the foul line). But,  the chippy stuff is an unnecessary distraction. I think his desire to win results in frustration when things aren’t going well, but it would be in his best interest to improve that facet of his game as he moves forward and looks toward a professional career 

1 hour ago, TUTigers said:

Some people are just miserable whether we win or lose. Can’t even celebrate a comeback victory without people finding something to complain about. Just enjoy the damn win. 

Lol, what?!

3 hours ago, TUTigers said:

we'll have enough time to banter about our disappointment IF we dont win the tourney ... 

13 hours ago, TSU88 said:

No, but I do recall a few years ago the “give Skerry a ridiculous 8- year extension ” chant 

also same thread... lol