• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
mat1992

MBB comes back from 14 point second half deficit to beat UNCW 57-53

56 minutes ago, sr16 said:

also same thread... lol 

Man, it is hard to get outcoached when your team can't buy a bucket the last 11+ minutes. I know you can criticize coaches in general for offensive sets, management of the game and sub patterns, but when a team goes that cold it has as much or more to do with the players on the court than the coaching.

I am probably one of the more optimistic people on here, and I did call this win. However, while I don't think there was anything from the players or coaches standpoint I will agree with TuTigers2012 that it was such horrific second half it was hard to know what to make out of it. Our guys fought hard, but UNC-W really did hand that game to us on a silver platter. We will gladly take it and our guys deserve credit for sticking it out, but that was the ugliest half of basketball I watched all year.

Part of me thinks we are better when things go completely haywire like that, because we are probably better than just about anyone in this conference at winning ugly. Unfortunately, as many have said there can be no messing around this team has to come ready to limit turnovers, limit dumb fouls, hit our free throws, and we need contributions from everyone. That will have to happen in three straight games.

This team is capable of doing it on a game-to-game basis so I am hoping for the best, but it will be extremely tough task for these guys to do it for three games in a row when it will probably have to come against Delaware, Charleston and Hofstra. March is time to reset, and hopefully we show up loose and ready to show everyone what we can do. 

UNCW still trying to call the wambulance cause they lost to the “towson thugs” wah wah wah. 

could you imagine if the CAA decides to punish cam right before the tourney? 

I strongly dislike UNCW fans, but I'd be mad too if an opposing player did that to us. Cam is a complete headcase. Opposing coaches should be letting their guys know to try and frustrate Cam because it's just a matter of time before he gets T'd up/ejected. I'm really sick of it. 

On the happier side of things, I'm glad the team didn't have the same loser talk energy as some on this board and fought back and got the dub. Love to see a freshman with the big shot at the end of a game. This year as we approach the first week of March, the most trying of times for a Towson basketball fan, I am choosing cautious optimism. I won't get ahead of myself as I did last year and I won't let myself completely succumb to the doom and gloom. One game at a time, fellas. 

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, sr16 said:

what are they even discussing here....... lol 

The replay at the very end shows the slap a bit clearer. Cam backhands him in the face 

Laughing at it and just ignoring it and making fun of it, is ridiculous. Not a one time thing. It’s a terrible look, over and over again. Yes their careers have one maybe two, if lucky, games left, but it’s all unnecessary. 3 different actions in one game!  

11 hours ago, Tiger93 said:

Man, it is hard to get outcoached when your team can't buy a bucket the last 11+ minutes. I know you can criticize coaches in general for offensive sets, management of the game and sub patterns, but when a team goes that cold it has as much or more to do with the players on the court than the coaching.

I am probably one of the more optimistic people on here, and I did call this win. However, while I don't think there was anything from the players or coaches standpoint I will agree with TuTigers2012 that it was such horrific second half it was hard to know what to make out of it. Our guys fought hard, but UNC-W really did hand that game to us on a silver platter. We will gladly take it and our guys deserve credit for sticking it out, but that was the ugliest half of basketball I watched all year.

Part of me thinks we are better when things go completely haywire like that, because we are probably better than just about anyone in this conference at winning ugly. Unfortunately, as many have said there can be no messing around this team has to come ready to limit turnovers, limit dumb fouls, hit our free throws, and we need contributions from everyone. That will have to happen in three straight games.

This team is capable of doing it on a game-to-game basis so I am hoping for the best, but it will be extremely tough task for these guys to do it for three games in a row when it will probably have to come against Delaware, Charleston and Hofstra. March is time to reset, and hopefully we show up loose and ready to show everyone what we can do. 

Because of how bad we are at finishing close games, I do find it difficult to say, “we didn’t win that,” more so that uncw choked (hmm) that one away.  Again I’ll take a win anyway, and especially a comeback. It’s good to have the shoe on the other foot for a change