• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
mat1992

2023-24 Transfer Thread

39 minutes ago, mat1992 said:

As expected 

You know, it never occurred to me that he might use his remaining year of eligibility to transfer to another school. I just assumed he would pursue playing overseas, or maybe G-League, or the remote chance he’d return here, to pursue the school scoring record and have a last hurrah with Skerry. 

1 minute ago, TSU88 said:

You know, it never occurred to me that he might use his remaining year of eligibility to transfer to another school. I just assumed he would pursue playing overseas, or maybe G-League, or the remote chance he’d return here, to pursue the school scoring record and have a last hurrah with Skerry. 

I hope the best for Nick. He has been a great player to root for and part of one of my favorite classes in school history. However, it is time to leave college and go to the next venture which I hope is some sort of professional option for him.

This may be an unpopular opinion, but these sixth and seventh year players in college basketball are just as big of an issue as some people think one-and-dones are for the quality of college basketball. If we are not going to abide by the regular five-year cycle what is the point of it being college anymore? That being said if there is a ridiculous seventh-year player like Dalton Bolon (which I find absurd) that can finally get us to the NCAA Tournament lets do it. Anyways, best of luck to Nick and I hope he gets to make whatever decision he choses on his terms. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Tiger93 said:

I hope the best for Nick. He has been a great player to root for and part of one of my favorite classes in school history. However, it is time to leave college and go to the next venture which I hope is some sort of professional option for him.

This may be an unpopular opinion, but these sixth and seventh year players in college basketball are just as big of an issue as some people think one-and-dones are for the quality of college basketball. If we are not going to abide by the regular five-year cycle what is the point of it being college anymore? That being said if there is a ridiculous seventh-year player like Dalton Bolon (which I find absurd) that can finally get us to the NCAA Tournament lets do it. Anyways, best of luck to Nick and I hope he gets to make whatever decision he choses on his terms. 

He needs to start making money and get a job overseas. If he wants to play for a big-time school, that's fine, but he wouldn't likely be able to start due to his defense unless they can hide him in a zone. Would be a great sixth man for a lot of teams and can compete athletically with anybody.

5 minutes ago, Tiger93 said:

It’s the Covid year which will be gone by next years class.  Remember he redshirted his frosh year after being hurt. And also had a year of prep school. He may actually be older than bolon the Buffon