• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
mat1992

2023-24 Transfer Thread

14 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

That’s quite a range of schools, from OK State, Oregon, Nova and Ole Miss, to Utah Valley. If one of those 1st 4 schools really wants him, we can go home early. OTOH, if he really is interested in us, we’ve got to take him, even though he’s done nothing so far in 2 years at College Park (and yes, I know his first season was an injury redshirt). Even if we only have 1 other scholarship available, I don’t see how we could pass on this guy, assuming again we actually have a legitimate chance of getting him in the first place 

Unless he’s just giving us a solid with a visit,at least we have a chance. I think we see all these high major schools and believe we have no shot, but is he their top priority or do they need help on the bench? The fact that he played so little for a team that needed help off the bench you would think screams mid-major.

Doesn’t hurt that Conway and Pat’s son Ryan went to Dulaney.

7 minutes ago, mat1992 said:

Unless he’s just giving us a solid with a visit,at least we have a chance. I think we see all these high major schools and believe we have no shot, but is he their top priority or do they need help on the bench? The fact that he played so little for a team that needed help off the bench you would think screams mid-major.

Doesn’t hurt that Conway and Pat’s son Ryan went to Dulaney.

Your point is well taken. He can come to a school like us and be guaranteed (unless he really is a total bust) to get serious minutes. Or, go to Nova and perhaps have to settle for being a rotation guy, if that. And sure, the fact that he played with Conway can’t hurt our chances. No clue what, if any, relationship he has with Skerry’s son 

11 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

Your point is well taken. He can come to a school like us and be guaranteed (unless he really is a total bust) to get serious minutes. Or, go to Nova and perhaps have to settle for being a rotation guy, if that. And sure, the fact that he played with Conway can’t hurt our chances. No clue what, if any, relationship he has with Skerry’s son 

May not have much of a relationship with Ryan, who is two or three years younger, but there is a huge relationship with the school.

1 hour ago, TSU88 said:

That’s quite a range of schools, from OK State, Oregon, Nova and Ole Miss, to Utah Valley. If one of those 1st 4 schools really wants him, we can go home early. OTOH, if he really is interested in us, we’ve got to take him, even though he’s done nothing so far in 2 years at College Park (and yes, I know his first season was an injury redshirt). Even if we only have 1 other scholarship available, I don’t see how we could pass on this guy, assuming again we actually have a legitimate chance of getting him in the first place 

I mean if he wants to play he’d move down. If he wants to sit on a bench again go to a big school. If he wants to win on the bench, those schools are equal to where he is now.

I wouldn’t mind polecelli or powell. If we poach another caa team.  My guess is we get one solid mid, some d2 player and take a chance on a unknown power 5 

Going to find some videos on McClain and some of the others

let's start with Briggs McClain from Hartford 6-4, 175 

23 minutes ago, TuTigers2012 said:

I mean if he wants to play he’d move down. If he wants to sit on a bench again go to a big school. If he wants to win on the bench, those schools are equal to where he is now.

I wouldn’t mind polecelli or powell. If we poach another caa team.  My guess is we get one solid mid, some d2 player and take a chance on a unknown power 5 

You assume we have 3 open ships. NT, Holden, Sylla, Russell and Gibson out; the 3 freshmen in. Since CT is apparently returning, it would appear there are only 2 open spots. Now, that assumes Paar, who didn’t play last season (or if he did, it was for like 5 minutes) returns. TBH, I don’t see why we need all 3 of Paar, Biekeu and Coleman back. That’s a lot of dead weight if all 3 return 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

You assume we have 3 open ships. NT, Holden, Sylla, Russell and Gibson out; the 3 freshmen in. Since CT is apparently returning, it would appear there are only 2 open spots. Now, that assumes Paar, who didn’t play last season (or if he did, it was for like 5 minutes) returns. TBH, I don’t see why we need all 3 of Paar, Biekeu and Coleman back. That’s a lot of dead weight if all 3 return 

I just assume others have to transfer whether they choose to or it’s chosen for them.  Can’t got into a season with hicks May Conway Coleman beku and 2 transfers.  

I mean you can but if you do that, there will be a lot on here not counting next years record in skerrys career numbers …

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, TuTigers2012 said:

I just assume others have to transfer whether they choose to or it’s chosen for them.  Can’t got into a season with hicks May Conway Coleman beku and 2 transfers.  

I mean you can but if you do that, there will be a lot on here not counting next years record in skerrys career numbers …

As I said, if Paar, Biekeu and Coleman are all on the roster next season, that’s, well, let’s just say it’s problematic 

I’ll take it a step further. If Hicks or Conway are our starting PG next season, that doesn’t bode well either. Hicks is a liability on offense (unless he improves over the summer) and Conway simply isn’t a point guard. 

Edited by TSU88